Casual Academic English Teacher opportunities - English Language Centre
Job no: 512765
Work type: Casual
Categories: English Language Centre
Casual Academic English Teachers
Salary: (Casual ELT) $102.66 per hour, plus an employer superannuation contribution of 11% applies.
The University of Adelaide’s (UoA) English Language Centre provides the UoA’s Direct Entry Program (DEP) and a range of English and Teacher Training programs for international students and visiting groups.
Expressions of interest are being sought from Academic English Language teachers for programs commencing from November on a part-time or full-time sessional basis for F2F delivery who are qualified and experienced in the delivery of:
- Academic English Programs
- Direct Entry Pathway Programs
- General English Programs
- Teacher Training Programs
The English Language Teacher is responsible for delivering a range of English Language Centre (ELC) programs as required in accordance with the relevant curriculum objectives.
Responsibilities include the identification of student needs and goals, and the organisation of student learning activities based on appropriate and relevant student-centred, flexible delivery methodologies, as well as the evaluation and assessment of student learning and the maintenance of high-quality educational standards.
English Language Teachers at the ELC have access to:
- A variety of opportunities for Professional Development, including in-house events, UoA short courses and workshops, English Australia (EA) events and courses as well as free access to LinkedIn Learning
- A supportive and enjoyable student-centred environment that encourages innovation and high-quality teaching
- Attractive remuneration and benefits
- At least 800 hours of experience in the teaching of English as an Additional Language (EAL) across a broad range of programs.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to build positive relationships with students, colleagues, and stakeholders from diverse cultural backgrounds, incorporating intercultural competency and well-being into teaching and learning.
- A strong pedagogical background, with experience in designing and delivering engaging and effective lessons that encourage student agency, using technology to enhance learning and implementing effective assessment strategies.
- Ability to adjust teaching style to work with students who have varying levels of English proficiency, and be able to provide support and guidance to help students achieve their academic goals.
- Demonstrated commitment to ongoing professional development and continuing education.
- A degree or diploma of at least three years full-time or equivalent (teaching or other) plus the Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults (CELTA) or the Certificate IV in TESOL
- A degree or diploma of at least three years full-time or equivalent (teaching or other) plus a post-graduate qualification in Education or a related field, including a TESOL component.
If you’d like to join our Learning and Teaching Team, please submit a cover letter, addressing the selection criteria above and include a current CV.
Should you have any enquiries regarding the positions available, please email your enquiry to: email@example.com. Please note, this email is for enquiries only and no applications will be accepted unless received by the online portal.
The University of Adelaide is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. Female applicants, people with a disability and/or and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people who meet the requirements of this position are strongly encouraged to apply. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application.
Refer a friend
Back to search results