(HE07) $95,017 - $106,270 per annum plus an employer contribution of 17% superannuation applies.
Fulltime, Continuing opportunity available immediately for a Careers Education Officer
Exciting opportunity to work in a vibrant team providing careers and employability support to students.
Career Services assists students to enhance their employability by developing the necessary skills, knowledge, capabilities and attributes they need to transition into and manage their careers after graduation and throughout their working life. Our services equip students to articulate their professional skills, values and graduate attributes while empowering them to compete globally in the labour market.
We are seeking an organised and creative career development professional with demonstrated experience in the design and facilitation of online and face to face career education / career development programs and the ability to provide comprehensive individual career advice.
The successful applicant will be an experienced career development professional, with confidence in the online arena and experience with digital technologies to develop scalable career development learning content and assessment. This role will liaise with faculty staff, students and graduate employers. You will provide comprehensive career education and coaching services to students, identify potential new academic contacts and expand the current program of activities.
To be successful you will need:
- Demonstrated experience in the design, facilitation and evaluation of digitally enabled and scalable career education programs using variety of methods including face to face lectures/presentations/workshops and online technologies.
- Demonstrated experience in the provision of high-level career counselling, including relevant career assessment and professional intervention in-person and via online technologies to individuals and small groups.
- Demonstrated understanding of the Australian higher education environment and current graduate recruitment and talent development functions and trends.
- Proven experience in undertaking research and analysing information and statistics to prepare reports for senior management.
- Demonstrated commitment to process improvement and confidence to maximise the use of digital technologies to enhance service delivery.
- Proven ability to engage with and develop programs for a range of domestic and international, undergraduate and postgraduate students.
- Proven experience in building and maintaining strategic relationships with Academic staff, employers and internal stakeholders.
Enjoy an outstanding career environment
The University of Adelaide is a uniquely rewarding workplace. The size, breadth and quality of our education and research programs - including significant industry, government and community collaborations - offers you a vast scope and opportunity for a long, fulfilling career.
It also enables us to attract high-calibre people in all facets of our operations, ensuring you will be surrounded by talented colleagues, many world-leading. Our work's cutting-edge nature - not just in your own area, but across virtually the full spectrum of human endeavour - provides a constant source of inspiration.
Our culture is one that welcomes all and embraces diversity consistent with our Staff Values and Behaviour Framework and our Values of integrity, respect, collegiality, excellence and discovery. We firmly believe that our people are our most valuable asset, so we work to grow and diversify the skills, knowledge and capability of all our staff.
We embrace flexibility as a key principle to allow our people to manage the changing demands of work, personal and family life.
In addition, we offer a wide range of attractive staff benefits. These include: salary packaging; flexible work arrangements; high quality professional development programs and activities; and an on-campus health clinic, gym and other fitness facilities.
Learn more at: adelaide.edu.au/jobs
Your division's broader role
The Division of Academic and Student Engagement drives the University's strategic activities in relation to learning and teaching. This includes ensuring all Adelaide students have a quality experience, and investing in our academic staff's professional development.
Learn more at: adelaide.edu.au/dase/division-leadership
If you have the talent, we'll give you the opportunity. Together, let's make history.
Click on the ‘Apply Now’ button to be taken through to the online application form. Please ensure you submit a cover letter, resume, and upload a document that includes your responses to all of the selection criteria for the position as contained in the position description.
Applications close 11:55pm, 10th October 2023.
The University reserves the right to close this advertisement before the closing date if a suitable candidate is identified.
For further information
For a confidential discussion regarding this position, contact:
Careers Education Officer
T: 08 8313 5123
You'll find a full position description below: (If no links appear, try viewing on another device)
The University of Adelaide is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. Female applicants, people with a disability and/or and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people who meet the requirements of this position are strongly encouraged to apply. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application.
Download the Position Description Apply now