MBA Director (Associate Professor/Professor)
(Level D/E) $145,502 - $186,717 per annum plus an employer contribution of up to 17% superannuation may apply.
• Three-year fixed term contract (with possibility of convertible academic contract)
The University of Adelaide Enterprise Agreement 2017-2021 will apply to a successful candidate’s employment at the University. The University recently temporarily varied its Enterprise Agreement. Please be advised that the salary range, along with other conditions associated with this position, may change in accordance with the variation to the Enterprise Agreement.
The Adelaide Business School offers a suite of Master of Business Administration (MBA) programs including a post experience MBA, a pre-experience MBA (Emerging Leaders) and MBA (Specialisations) and Online MBA on a part time and full time basis both locally and a well-established program in Singapore. A Graduate Certificate in Business Administration and a Graduate Diploma in Business Administration are nested within the MBA.
The MBA Director reports to the Dean of the Adelaide Business School and will provide leadership to build and maintain the MBA suite of programs. A key focus is to continue to position it as a program of quality and innovation, both nationally and internationally.
To be successful you will need:
• A PhD in a relevant field.
• Evidence of experience as a Director of a postgraduate business program, and/or as an academic with teaching and leadership responsibility in a postgraduate business program.
• Evidence of the ability to actively promote the standing of the Adelaide MBA to the business and wider community – locally, nationally, and internationally.
• Liaising with industry, alumni, and other stakeholders on an ongoing basis, building on an extensive network of overseas collaborators, partners, and programs as well as building on partnerships with local business organisations, and organisations from all sectors.
• Demonstrated ability to provide high quality academic leadership through the support and mentoring of academic staff.
• Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills necessary to carry out the normal duties of the position including cross-cultural communication abilities.
• Industry leadership and business development experience will be highly regarded.
Enjoy an outstanding career environment
The University of Adelaide is a uniquely rewarding workplace. The size, breadth and quality of our education and research programs - including significant industry, government and community collaborations - offers you vast scope and opportunity for a long, fulfilling career.
It also enables us to attract high-calibre people in all facets of our operations, ensuring you will be surrounded by talented colleagues, many world-leading. Our work's cutting-edge nature - not just in your own area, but across virtually the full spectrum of human endeavour - provides a constant source of inspiration.
Our core values are honesty, respect, fairness, discovery and excellence. Our culture is one that welcomes all and embraces diversity. We are firm believers that our people are our most valuable asset, so we work to grow and diversify the skills of our staff.
In addition, we offer a wide range of attractive staff benefits. These include: salary packaging; flexible work arrangements; high-quality professional development programs and activities; and an on-campus health clinic, gym and other fitness facilities.
Learn more at: adelaide.edu.au/jobs
The faculty's broader role
The Faculty of the Professions delivers excellence in teaching, learning and research driven by real-world, commercial needs in the areas of: law; business; economics and international trade; commercialisation and innovation; and global food and resources. It offers a wide range of undergraduate and postgraduate degrees, and has strong connections with business and industry, including internationally.
Learn more at: adelaide.edu.au/professions
If you want to change tomorrow, act today
Click on the 'Apply Now' button to be taken through to our online application form. Please ensure you address and upload your responses to all of the selection criteria.
You'll find a full position description including selection criteria below: (If no links appear, try viewing on another device)
Applications close: Monday 9 November, 2020 at 11:55PM
For further information
For a confidential discussion regarding this position; contact:
Manager, Strategy, Engagement and Projects
Adelaide Business School
P: +61 (8) 831 39277
The University of Adelaide is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people who meet the requirements are strongly encouraged to apply.
Download the Position Description Apply now