(HEO7) $86,382 - $96,659 per annum plus an employer contribution of 9.5% superannuation will apply
2 X fixed-term positions (1.0FTE and 0.6 FTE) available immediately until 31 December 2021
These roles will be working on the Learning Enhancement and Innovation Project
Tthe Learning Designers will support teaching staff in delivering excellent learning outcomes for students at all levels, through enhanced program and course-level pedagogical design. These roles will advise on good practice design for learning activities and other relevant pedagogical considerations such as curriculum and assessment design in higher education.
To be successful you will need:
- Strong pedagogical understanding of educational principles and methodologies and their application in higher education, including experience in the design and development of blended and online educational programs, courses and activities.
- Experience in designing blended learning activities, including working with a Learning Management System and the implementation of curriculum design principles.
- Operational familiarity with a number of common software tools, including MS Office, educational technologies, project management tools, media, visual and graphic design tools.
- Experience in managing multiple educational projects, demonstrating well developed organisational skills and a capacity to act independently within established guidelines.
- Demonstrated ability to work well within a collaborative team environment and independently, develop productive relationships quickly, and sustain a client service orientation. Along with a demonstrated life-long learning orientation and ability to proactively respond to change in a fast-paced environment.
- A detailed knowledge and experience with Canvas Learning Management System is desirable.
Enjoy an outstanding career environment
The University of Adelaide is a uniquely rewarding workplace. The size, breadth and quality of our education and research programs - including significant industry, government and community collaborations - offers you a vast scope and opportunity for a long, fulfilling career.
It also enables us to attract high-calibre people in all facets of our operations, ensuring you will be surrounded by talented colleagues, many world-leading. Our work's cutting-edge nature - not just in your own area, but across virtually the full spectrum of human endeavour - provides a constant source of inspiration.
Our core values are honesty, respect, fairness, discovery and excellence. Our culture is one that welcomes all and embraces diversity. We are firm believers that our people are our most valuable asset, so we work to grow and diversify the skills of our staff.
In addition, we offer a wide range of attractive staff benefits. These include: salary packaging; flexible work arrangements; high quality professional development programs and activities; and an on-campus health clinic, gym and other fitness facilities.
Learn more at: adelaide.edu.au/jobs
Your division's broader role
The Division of Academic and Student Engagement drives the University's strategic activities in relation to learning and teaching. This includes ensuring all Adelaide students have a quality experience, and investing in our academic staff's professional development.
Learn more at: adelaide.edu.au/dase/division-leadership
If you want to change tomorrow, act today
Click the 'Apply Now' button to be taken through to our online application form. Please ensure you address and upload your responses to all selection criteria. Applications close 11:55pm, Sunday 2 February 2020.
For further information
For a confidential discussion regarding this position, contact:
Mr Paul Moss
Learning Design and Capability Manager
P: +61 (8) 83132282
You'll find a full position description and/or selection criteria below: (If no links appear, try viewing on another device)
The University of Adelaide is an Equal Opportunity employer, Women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people who meet the requirements of this position are strongly encouraged to apply.
Download the Position Description Apply now