Expressions of Interest for Sessional Academic opportunities within the Adelaide Business School
The Adelaide Business School invites industry professionals with relevant tertiary qualifications to submit expressions of interest for sessional academic roles. Sessional academics deliver lectures, tutorials or workshops (day and/or evening), provide feedback for students including marking, and work with full time academic staff to develop teaching materials and complete related teaching tasks for our Undergraduate, Postgraduate and MBA programs. With contemporary industry experience and academic qualifications, sessional staff engage with students to develop and apply knowledge in the real world.
The Business School is now seeking expressions of interest from qualified applicants with knowledge and experience in the following sub-disciplines of Accounting, Entrepreneurship, Finance, International Business Marketing, Management, and Project Management:
- Accounting: Information Systems, Strategic Management Accounting, Management Accounting and Auditing
- Entrepreneurship: Social Entrepreneurship, Technology and Innovation, Entrepreneurial Leadership
- Finance: Corporate Investment
- International Business: Global Business, Import/Export Business, International Marketing and International Logistics
- Marketing: Strategic Marketing, Marketing Management and Services Marketing, Wine Business
- Management: Strategic Management, Organisational Management, Business Operations Management and Cybersecurity Management
- Project Management: Risk Management, Project Governance
In particular, expressions of interest are sought from individuals with:
- Minimum of an undergraduate degree in the above discipline areas
- Completion of a masters or doctoral qualification is highly regarded
- Relevant and current industry experience
- Prior teaching experience including MBA programs and Research Projects.
Enjoy an outstanding career environment
The University of Adelaide is a uniquely rewarding workplace. The size, breadth and quality of our education and research programs - including significant industry, government and community collaborations - offers you vast scope and opportunity for a long, fulfilling career.
It also enables us to attract high-calibre people in all facets of our operations, ensuring you will be surrounded by talented colleagues, many world-leading. Our work's cutting-edge nature - not just in your own area, but across virtually the full spectrum of human endeavour - provides a constant source of inspiration.
Our core values are honesty, respect, fairness, discovery and excellence. Our culture is one that welcomes all and embraces diversity. We are firm believers that our people are our most valuable asset, so we work to grow and diversify the skills of our staff.
In addition, we offer a wide range of attractive staff benefits. These include: salary packaging; flexible work arrangements; high-quality professional development programs and activities; and an on-campus health clinic, gym and other fitness facilities.
Learn more at: adelaide.edu.au/jobs
Your faculty's broader role
The Faculty of the Professions delivers excellence in teaching, learning and research driven by real-world, commercial needs in the areas of: law; business; economics and international trade; commercialisation and innovation; and global food and resources. It offers a wide range of undergraduate and postgraduate degrees, and has strong connections with business and industry, including internationally.
Learn more at: adelaide.edu.au/professions
If you want to change tomorrow, act today
Click on the 'Apply Now' button to be taken through to our online application form.
Please address and upload your responses with regards to the discipline areas you are most suited to deliver, and your availability (day and/or evening) in your cover letter.
For further information
For a confidential discussion regarding this position; contact:
Business Manager, Adelaide Business School
The University of Adelaide is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people who meet the requirements are strongly encouraged to apply.