(Level B) $97,577 to $115,495 per annum plus an employer contribution of up to 17% superannuation may apply
Fixed term contract for 3 years, with possibility of conversion to continuing
Exciting new role as Lecturer – Physiotherapy within our recently formed Allied Health team (requires registration or ability to register as a Physiotherapist within Australia)
Working as part of a new team, Lecturer – Physiotherapy will contribute enthusiasm, creativity and experience to assist in developing a successful future program in Physiotherapy.
The role will be fundamental in the development of curriculum and academic teaching, with the opportunity to make a mark in the discipline. The Lecturer will be working with internationally recognised Director of Allied Health, Professor Rachel Gibson, to establish new Physiotherapy Programs within the Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences that will cater to the specific needs of the global community today and well into the future.
To be successful you will need:
- Completion of an honours degree, higher qualifications or equivalent and registration (or eligible to be registered) as a Physiotherapist in Australia.
- Demonstrated experience in the conduct of tutorials, practical classes, demonstrations, workshops, student field excursions and clinical sessions.
- Proven experience in innovative teaching methods and curriculum development and, demonstrable contribution to research projects including grant funding publication and project management.
- Strong research interests with demonstrated ability for cross-disciplinary research and collaboration and, demonstrated expertise and the ability to deliver evidence-based practice in a relevant discipline area.
- Demonstrated experience as a professional educator with knowledge of current clinical education issues across Allied Health and related disciplines and, the capacity to deliver new projects and initiatives.
Enjoy an outstanding career environment
The University of Adelaide is a uniquely rewarding workplace. The size, breadth and quality of our education and research programs - including significant industry, government and community collaborations - offers you a vast scope and opportunity for a long, fulfilling career.
It also enables us to attract high-calibre people in all facets of our operations, ensuring you will be surrounded by talented colleagues, many world-leading. Our work's cutting-edge nature - not just in your own area, but across virtually the full spectrum of human endeavour - provides a constant source of inspiration.
Our core values are honesty, respect, fairness, discovery and excellence. Our culture is one that welcomes all and embraces diversity. We are firm believers that our people are our most valuable asset, so we work to grow and diversify the skills of our staff.
In addition, we offer a wide range of attractive staff benefits. These include: salary packaging; flexible work arrangements; high-quality professional development programs and activities; and an on-campus health clinic, gym and other fitness facilities.
Learn more at: adelaide.edu.au/jobs
Your faculty's broader role
The Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences contains one of Australia's largest concentrations of leading health researchers, teachers and clinical titleholders. It's comprised of five schools and a number of specialist disciplines, institutes and centres, variously focused on world-class research, and training the next generation of: medical doctors; surgeons; dentists; nurses; psychiatrists; psychologists; and other health professionals.
Learn more at: health.adelaide.edu.au
If you want to change tomorrow, act today
Click the 'Apply Now' button to be taken through to our online application form. Please ensure you address and upload your responses to all selection criteria. Applications close 11:55pm, 3 December 2019.
For further information
For a confidential discussion regarding this position, contact:
Professor Rachel Gibson
Director, Allied Health
For application related queries, contact:
Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences HR Team
P: +61 (8) 8313 8171
You'll find a full selection criteria below: (If no links appear, try viewing on another device)
This position has been re-advertised. Previous applicants need not apply.
The University of Adelaide is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people who meet the requirements of this position are strongly encouraged to apply.
Download the Position Description Apply now