(Level B) $107,276 – 126,984 per annum plus an employer contribution of 17% superannuation applies.
Fixed term position for 18 months
The School of Computer Science offers high quality accredited degrees in computer science, and software engineering, has strong links with industry and a robust research ethos.
This role will involve the following duties:
- Conduct research on the assigned project(s) with minimum supervision either as a member of a team or, where appropriate, independently, and the production or contribution to the production of conference and seminar papers and publications
- Building and evaluating appropriate prototypes/testbeds based on the outcomes of the research to be carried out
- Attendance at group and project meetings
- Advice within the field of research to post-graduate students in consultation with the senior researcher
To be successful you will need:
- PhD in Computer Science, Software/System Engineering or closely related area (completed)
- Demonstrated ability in conducting and publishing high quality research on one or more of the topics related to massively distributed data intensive systems, applied AI/ML/Optimized Solutions for cloud/edge/fog large scale system.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with designing and implementing intelligent deployment and monitoring tools and sustainability sensitive software systems.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience or willingness to gain knowledge of key domains like Digital Health Care, Smart Utilities, Defence Systems, and Autonomous Transportation.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in one or more programming technologies for building and evaluating relevant prototypes and/or automation tools.
Enjoy an outstanding career environment
The University of Adelaide is a uniquely rewarding workplace. The size, breadth and quality of our education and research programs - including significant industry, government and community collaborations - offers you vast scope and opportunity for a long, fulfilling career.
It also enables us to attract high-calibre people in all facets of our operations, ensuring you will be surrounded by talented colleagues, many world-leading. Our work's cutting-edge nature - not just in your own area, but across virtually the full spectrum of human endeavour - provides a constant source of inspiration.
Our culture is one that welcomes all and embraces diversity consistent with our Staff Values and Behaviour Framework and our Values of integrity, respect, collegiality, excellence and discovery. We firmly believe that our people are our most valuable asset, so we work to grow and diversify the skills, knowledge and capability of all our staff.
We embrace flexibility as a key principle to allow our people to manage the changing demands of work, personal and family life. Flexible working arrangements are on offer for all roles at the University.
In addition, we offer a wide range of attractive staff benefits. These include: salary packaging; flexible work arrangements; high-quality professional development programs and activities; and an on-campus health clinic, gym and other fitness facilities.
Learn more at: adelaide.edu.au/jobs
Your faculty's broader role
The Faculty of Sciences, Engineering and Technology is a multidisciplinary hub of cutting-edge teaching and research. Many of its academic staff are world leaders in their fields and graduates are highly regarded by employers. The Faculty actively partners with innovative industries to solve problems of global significance.
Learn more at: set.adelaide.edu.au
How to Apply
Click on the ‘Apply Now’ button to be taken through to the online application form. Please ensure you submit a cover letter, resume, and upload a document that includes your responses to all of the selection criteria for the position as contained in the position description or selection criteria document.
*** Applications close 11:55pm (ACDT) Sunday 24th March 2024***
For further information
For a confidential discussion regarding this position, contact:
Professor Ali Babar
P: +61 (8) 8313 4478
You'll find a full position description and selection criteria below: (If no links appear, try viewing on another device)
The University of Adelaide is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. Female applicants, people with a disability and/or and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people who meet the requirements of this position are strongly encouraged to apply. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application.
Download the Position Description Apply now