Casual Academic Opportunities for Technology Education Centre (ECMS)
Job no: 506345
Work type: Casual
Categories: Faculty of Engineering, Computer & Mathematical Sciences
The Faculty of Engineering, Computer and Mathematical Sciences is a thriving centre of learning, teaching and research in a vast range of engineering disciplines, computer science - including machine learning, high-level mathematics and architecture, planning and landscape architecture. Many of its academic staff are world leaders in their fields and graduates are highly regarded by employers.
The Technology Education Centre (TEC) brings together teaching and technology experts from across the Faculty to deliver cross-disciplinary and domain-facing undergraduate and postgraduate courses and programs. The Centre has a focus on helping to define new levels of best practice and leading pedagogy uplift across the Faculty as well as breaking down traditional disciplinary silos. The Centre’s educational scope includes transferrable professional capabilities such as communication, design, project management as well as digital and systems engineering. It delivers cross-Faculty courses within this scope and is also responsible for coordination of the Bachelor of Engineering - Flexible Entry and Bachelor of Engineering - Pathway programs as well as the Bachelor of Technology (Defence Industries). The nature of the TEC’s activities creates a unique opportunity to work with passionate educators from across the Faculty’s diverse disciplines for like-minded casual staff.
We are seeking dedicated and passionate casual staff to assist with the delivery of our Semester 1 undergraduate and postgraduate courses, commencing 28 February 2022.
1. View the current courses available for casual work.
2. Ensure you meet the essential criteria:
- Possess an eligible Australian work visa*
*Please note: Prospective employees are required to provide evidence of their Australian citizenship or working rights.
- As a minimum requirement applicants will need to have completed a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field or be enrolled in their final year of a 4-year honours program such as a Bachelor of Engineering Honours degree. Higher level courses will require a higher level of qualification.
3. Consider the desired criteria:
- Previous experience with casual work within the School Faculty
4. To apply for the above opportunities, please click on the ‘Apply’ button below and include the following:
- Provide the required information
- Attach your resume/CV
- Attach a cover letter summarising how you believe your knowledge, skills and experience will meet the requirements to provide exceptional Academic Teaching Support for the TEC
Please note there are limited opportunities available. The University may be required to change teaching modes on short notice. There may be restrictions on face to face interactions with students and staff. These possible conditions may change the casual teaching support required.
Term of position: 28 February to 22 July 2022
If you require further information please email Monica Dinan firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close: 11:55pm, 12 January 2022
The University of Adelaide is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people who meet the requirements of this position are strongly encouraged to apply
Refer a friend
Back to search results