The Faculty of Engineering, Computer and Mathematical Sciences is a thriving centre of learning, teaching and research in a vast range of engineering disciplines, computer science - including machine learning, high-level mathematics and architecture, planning and landscape architecture. Many of its academic staff are world leaders in their fields and graduates are highly regarded by employers
The School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering has an outstanding reputation for teaching and research excellence in areas of electrical and electronic engineering, computer engineering, communication systems, biomedical engineering, autonomous systems, and renewable energy. With innovative culture, state of the art facilities and strong links with industry, our academic and research staff are world leaders in their field leading to graduates that are in high demand.
We are seeking dedicated and passionate casual staff to assist with the delivery of our Semester 2 undergraduate and postgraduate courses, commencing 26 July 2021.
1. View the current casual employment opportunities and courses available to determine what work offerings are being made available for individual courses (i.e. demonstrating, marking, lecturing)
2. Ensure you meet the essential criteria:
- Possess an eligible Australian work visa*
*Please note: Prospective employees are required to provide evidence of their Australian citizenship or working rights.
- Good technical knowledge of the key teaching components of the courses you are applying for
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to clearly explain technical information to students
- Available and flexible to meet the minimum hourly/sessional requirements for the course
- Demonstrated ability to educate and mentor students
- Able to work collegially to support excellent tutoring or demonstrating in the School
- Have integrity and good character
- Demonstrated excellence in teaching
- Evidence of good student feedback in student evaluations
- Evidence of good feedback from course coordinators
- Able to adapt to blended learning environments with proficiency in current learning tools
- Commitment to perform the role for a minimum of 1 semester.
- As a minimum requirement applicant will need to have completed a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field or be enrolled in their final year of a 4-year honours program such as a Bachelor of Engineering Honours degree
3. To apply for the above opportunities, please click on the ‘Apply’ button below, provide the required information and attach your resume/CV.
4. Current coursework students in Honours/Masters should not apply
Please note there are limited opportunities available. The University may be required to change teaching modes on short notice. There may be restrictions on face to face interactions with students and staff. These possible conditions may change the casual teaching support required
Term of position: 26 July to 31 December 2021
If you require further information please email Hong Gunn Chew email@example.com
Applications close: 11:55pm, 6 June 2021
The University of Adelaide is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people who meet the requirements of this position are strongly encouraged to apply.