Casual Academic Opportunities within the Australian School of Petroleum (ECMS)
Job no: 503247
Work type: Casual
Categories: Faculty of Engineering, Computer & Mathematical Sciences
The Faculty of Engineering, Computer and Mathematical Sciences is one of five faculties at the University of Adelaide. It is a centre for learning, teaching and research in a vast range of engineering disciplines, computer science and high level mathematics.
The Australian School of Petroleum (ASP) is a world-class centre for petroleum education, training, and research. It is one of only a few institutions in the world offering fully integrated teaching and research programs in the disciplines of petroleum geoscience, engineering and management. With its diverse cohort of students and staff from Australia and abroad, the school prides itself on being an inclusive and exciting place to work, having modern curricula designed by industry professionals to produce the calibre of graduates needed by industry, and in doing research that provides useful information to industry and government decision-makers, and to society at large.
We are seeking dedicated and passionate casual staff to assist with the delivery of our Semester 1 undergraduate and postgraduate courses, commencing 2 March 2020.
- View the current courses available for casual work.
- Ensure you meet the essential criteria:
- Possess an eligible Australian work visa*
*Please note: Prospective employees are required to provide evidence of their Australian citizenship or working rights.
- Completion of an Undergraduate degree in a relevant field
- Good technical knowledge of the key teaching components of the courses you are applying for
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to clearly explain technical information to students
- Available and flexible to meet the minimum hourly/sessional requirements for the course
- Able to work collegially to support excellent tutoring or demonstrating in the School
- Consider the desired criteria:
- Previous experience with casual work within the School
- Demonstrated ability to educate and mentor students
- Evidence of good student feedback in student evaluations
- Evidence of good feedback from course coordinators
- To apply for the above opportunities, please click on the ‘Apply’ button below, provide the required information and attach your resume/CV.
Term of position: 2 March 2020 – 24 July 2020
If you require further information please email Leanne Haller email@example.com
Closing date: 19 January 2020 (11:55pm)
The University of Adelaide is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people who meet the requirements of this position are strongly encouraged to apply
Refer a friend
Back to search results