An attractive remuneration package will be negotiated
Full time continuing position
Become a key member of IT Program and Digital Solutions Delivery leadership team, defining strategy and delivering a range of initiatives/projects to enable digital transformation and growth across the University
The IT Program Manager leads a team of delivery stream project professionals to plan, develop and deliver a cost effective and efficient programs, while fostering and nurturing a positive and high performing culture.
The IT Program Manager within Delivery Stream is responsible for:
- Working collaboratively with stakeholders and cross functional teams to ensure future work is known and understood to enable appropriate and adequate resource availability.
- Leading the resolution and/or mitigation of risks and issues that cannot be addressed within a project.
- Leading the coordination of the projects and their interdependencies within the Program Delivery Stream Program of work and other Program Delivery Streams balancing competing demands.
- Directing all aspects of projects within the Program Delivery Stream Program of Work in line with the Solution Delivery Framework, Technical Governance Requirements, and the University of Adelaide's Policies and Procedures.
- Leading and managing the delivery of digital solutions aligned to the agreed IT standards and protocols (e.g. architecture, solution design, testing, documentation and handover to production etc).
To be successful you will need:
- Proven Program or Project Management experience in delivering complex, organisation-wide change initiatives within a higher education environment (Research, Students, Academic and Operations).
- Exceptional written, verbal and presentation skills, capable of inspiring others, proficiency in providing high level and fearless advice to senior management, and an ability to apply a consultative and collaborative communication style to the delivery of negotiations and engagement.
- A well reputed technology professional who has a broad experience of project management approaches, methods, tools and processes - Prince2, PMBOK, Agile and Buisness Change Management frameworks (Prosci ADKAR)
- Demonstrated use of different forms of IT Delivery Methods, and the implications they have on financial management, vendor management, contracts, and program/project management.
- Well-rounded knowledge of the SDLC, application development environments, technology infrastructure implementation and IT Operations.
Enjoy an outstanding career environment
The University of Adelaide is a uniquely rewarding workplace. The size, breadth and quality of our education and research programs - including significant industry, government and community collaboration - offers you vast scope and opportunity for a long, fulfilling career.
It also enables us to attract high-calibre people in all facets of our operations, ensuring you will be surrounded by talented colleagues, many world-leading. And our work's cutting-edge nature - not just in your own area, but across virtually the full spectrum of human endeavour - provides a constant source of inspiration.
Our core values are honesty, respect, fairness, discovery and excellence. And our culture is one that welcomes all and embraces diversity. We are firm believers that our people are our most valuable asset, so we work to grow and diversify the skills of our staff.
In addition, we offer a wide range of attractive staff benefits. These include: salary packaging; flexible work arrangements; high-quality professional development programs and activities; and an on-campus health clinic, gym and other fitness facilities.
Learn more at: adelaide.edu.au/jobs
Your division's broader role
The Division of University Operations enables the University's delivery of high-quality and distinct learning, teaching and research experiences. Its responsibilities link to Adelaide's strategic plan and focus on people, community, assets and infrastructure, and processes.
Learn more at: adelaide.edu.au/operations
If you want to change tomorrow, act today
Click the link to the online application form below and address and upload your responses to all selection criteria. Applications close 11:55pm, 30 August 2019.
For further information
For a confidential discussion regarding this position, contact:
Director, IT Programs and Digital Solutions Delivery
P: +61 (0) 466 657 729
You'll find a full position description below: (If no links appear, try viewing on another device)
The University of Adelaide is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people who meet the requirements of this position are strongly encouraged to apply.
Download the Position Description Apply now