An attractive remuneration package will be negotiated.
Full time continuing position
Lead the Delivery Management Office function and support evidence based decision making for the Information Technology & Digital Services (ITDS) Branch
Lead program and project delivery planning focusing on creating a sustainable delivery approach across resourcing, budget, forecasting and master program schedules.
The IT Delivery Portfolio Manager is responsible for:
- Defining opportunities for innovation, improvement of IT performance, agility and costs to continue meeting customer needs.
- Identifying and implementing cost savings and operational and project efficiencies to improve performance and/or services of ITDS.
- Establishing and maintaining relevant governance processes, methods and tools to ensure effective project delivery including regular project audits and health checks.
- Developing and maintaining fit-for-purpose project and program delivery tools, systems, processes and procedures.
- The efficient management and utilisation of project delivery related resources (business analysts, testers, project and program managers, other project staff) at the delivery portfolio level.
To be successful you will need:
- Extensive experience working in a large and complex IT related organisation, including working with governance committees, Executive Directors/ Deans, Executives and Senior Managers.
- Extensive experience and knowledge in establishing and managing an IT Portfolio/ Program Management function that encapsulates inclusion of key processes, managing people, and application of technological understanding in alignment with corporate needs.
- Experience in defining an IT Delivery Portfolio that is underpinned by elements of prioritisation, clear articulation of business outcomes, demand management, cost estimation, and resource planning.
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to quickly build successful relationships, influence others, and effectively communicate with different people within a Higher Education environment.
- Exceptional written, verbal and presentation skills, capable of inspiring others, proficiency in providing high level advice to senior management, and an ability to apply a consultative and collaborative communication style to the delivery of negotiations and engagement.
- Experience working with and developing different Program and Project Management methodologies, frameworks and tools.
Enjoy an outstanding career environment
The University of Adelaide is a uniquely rewarding workplace. The size, breadth and quality of our education and research programs - including significant industry, government and community collaboration - offers you vast scope and opportunity for a long, fulfilling career.
It also enables us to attract high-calibre people in all facets of our operations, ensuring you will be surrounded by talented colleagues, many world-leading. And our work's cutting-edge nature - not just in your own area, but across virtually the full spectrum of human endeavour - provides a constant source of inspiration.
Our core values are honesty, respect, fairness, discovery and excellence. And our culture is one that welcomes all and embraces diversity. We are firm believers that our people are our most valuable asset, so we work to grow and diversify the skills of our staff.
In addition, we offer a wide range of attractive staff benefits. These include: salary packaging; flexible work arrangements; high-quality professional development programs and activities; and an on-campus health clinic, gym and other fitness facilities.
Learn more at: adelaide.edu.au/jobs
Your division's broader role
The Division of University Operations enables the University's delivery of high-quality and distinct learning, teaching and research experiences. Its responsibilities link to Adelaide's strategic plan and focus on people, community, assets and infrastructure, and processes.
Learn more at: adelaide.edu.au/operations
If you want to change tomorrow, act today
Click the link to the online application form below and address and upload your responses to all selection criteria. Applications close 11:55pm, 30 August 2019.
For further information
For a confidential discussion regarding this position, contact:
Director, Programs and Digital Solutions Delivery, ITDS
P: +61 (0) 466 657 729
You'll find a full position description below: (If no links appear, try viewing on another device)
The University of Adelaide is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people who meet the requirements of this position are strongly encouraged to apply.
Download the Position Description Apply now