(Level B) $97,577 to $115,495 per annum/(Level C) $119,070 to $136,990 per annum plus an employer contribution of up to 17% superannuation may apply
This fixed-term contract will be offered for a period of 3 years with the possibility of renewal or conversion to continuing
Be a part of delivering existing Marine Engineering programs, contributing to the development of new courses to support large defence projects, and work in partnership with industry on leading research
This role will support the delivery of our Marine Engineering programs and the creation of courses for new programs under development. It involves teaching courses in Naval Shipbuilding and Systems Engineering, as well as developing courses of relevance to the defence sector workforce needed for the $90 billion of large defence projects destined for South Australia in Future Submarines, Future Frigates and Offshore Patrol Vessels. In addition to teaching and course development, the position also encompasses research in collaboration with industry.
To be successful you will need:
- An undergraduate engineering degree in aerospace, aeronautical, sustainable energy, mechanical, mechatronic or other engineering discipline and postgraduate qualifications in naval architecture, maritime/marine engineering, or systems engineering plus relevant industry experience.
- A commitment to excellence in teaching and an ability to teach courses with content in Naval Shipbuilding and Systems Engineering in the Marine Engineering programs with demonstrated effective lecturing techniques.
- Ability to inspire, attract, supervise, motivate and mentor students at all levels.
- Ability to work well with colleagues as part of a high-performing team culture and to establish and maintain excellent working relationships with external partners.
- A commitment to curriculum design and innovation and the ability to develop courses at sub-bachelors, bachelors and masters by coursework levels.
Applicants to Senior Lecturer will have demonstrated ability across the minimum essential criteria and greater levels of experience.
Enjoy an outstanding career environment
The University of Adelaide is a uniquely rewarding workplace. The size, breadth and quality of our education and research programs - including significant industry, government and community collaborations - offers you vast scope and opportunity for a long, fulfilling career.
It also enables us to attract high-calibre people in all facets of our operations, ensuring you will be surrounded by talented colleagues, many world-leading. Our work's cutting-edge nature - not just in your own area, but across virtually the full spectrum of human endeavour - provides a constant source of inspiration.
Our core values are honesty, respect, fairness, discovery and excellence. Our culture is one that welcomes all and embraces diversity, We are firm believers that our people are our most valuable asset, so we work to grow and diversify the skills of our staff.
In addition, we offer a wide range of attractive staff benefits. These include: salary packaging; flexible work arrangements; high-quality professional development programs and activities; and an on-campus health clinic, gym and other fitness facilities.
Learn more at: adelaide.edu.au/jobs
Your faculty's broader role
The Faculty of Engineering, Computer and Mathematical Sciences is a thriving centre of learning, teaching and research in a vast range of engineering disciplines, computer science - including machine learning - and high-level mathematics. Many of its academic staff are work leaders in their fields and graduates are highly regarded by employers.
Learn more at: ecms.adelaide.edu.au
If you want to change tomorrow, act today
Click the link to the online application form below and address and upload your responses to all selection criteria. Applications close 11:55pm, 3 July 2019.
For further information
For a confidential discussion regarding this position, contact:
Professor Anthony Zander
Head, School of Mechanical Engineering
P: +61 (8) 8 8313 5461
You'll find a full selection criteria below: (If no links appear, try viewing on another device)
The University of Adelaide is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people who meet the requirements of this position are strongly encouraged to apply.
Download the Position Description Apply now