(HEO7) $86,382 to $96,659 plus an employer contribution of 9.5% superannuation will apply
Two fixed term positions until 31 May 2020
The Learning Enhancement and Innovation team leads institution-wide development and change in learning and teaching, encompassing the University's blended delivery programs and open learning opportunities through MOOCs and associated products
In addition, this team encompasses the University's development of a suite of high quality fully online academic programs through strategic internal and external partnerships to achieve strategic targets; and the development and application of robust learning analytics to inform educational strategy and practice, and enhance student retention and success.
Working under limited direction and with a degree of autonomy, the Data Analyst (Student Learning) supports the University’s strategic priorities for development and implementation of learning analytics capabilities, and evaluations designed to assess the impact of educational change and innovation initiatives. This position will be responsible for collection, analysis and reporting on learning analytics and evaluations to support planning, benchmarking and evaluating the incorporation and impact of data-driven decisions in teaching and learning.
To be successful you will need:
- Demonstrated experience in management, transformation and statistical analysis of large and complex data sets, including the preparation of reports, briefing papers and similar, for executive and senior management.
- High-level computer competency, including the ability to use modelling, statistical analysis and visualisation software, together with supporting technologies such as network and cloud-based storage frameworks, SPSS, R, Power BI or other analysis software.
- A proven ability to be highly organised and self-managing, including a demonstrated capacity to establish work priorities, meet timelines and achieve project management priorities, work independently and accept responsibility.
- Demonstrated capacity to work in a team environment and a proven ability to liaise, build and maintain effective working relationships at all levels within an organisation.
- Proven ability to proactively respond to change in a fast-paced environment and manage shifting priorities as required.
Enjoy an outstanding career environment
The University of Adelaide is a uniquely rewarding workplace. The size, breadth and quality of our education and research programs - including significant industry, government and community collaborations - offers you a vast scope and opportunity for a long, fulfilling career.
It also enables us to attract high-calibre people in all facets of our operations, ensuring you will be surrounded by talented colleagues, many world-leading. Our work's cutting-edge nature - not just in your own area, but across virtually the full spectrum of human endeavour - provides a constant source of inspiration.
Our core values are honesty, respect, fairness, discovery and excellence. Our culture is one that welcomes all and embraces diversity. We are firm believers that our people are our most valuable asset, so we work to grow and diversify the skills of our staff.
In addition, we offer a wide range of attractive staff benefits. These include: salary packaging; flexible work arrangements; high quality professional development programs and activities; and an on-campus health clinic, gym and other fitness facilities.
Learn more at: adelaide.edu.au/jobs
Your division's broader role
The Division of Academic and Student Engagement drives the University's strategic activities in relation to learning and teaching. This includes ensuring all Adelaide students have a quality experience, and investing in our academic staff's professional development.
Learn more at: adelaide.edu.au/learning/governance/portfolios/
If you want to change tomorrow, act today
Click the link to the online application form below and address and upload your responses to all selection criteria. Applications close 11:55pm, 29 May 2019.
For further information
For a confidential discussion regarding this position, contact:
Eleanor De Guglielmo
Learning Enhancement and Innovation
P: +61 (8) 8313 5383
You'll find a full position description below: (If no links appear, try viewing on another device)
The University of Adelaide is an Equal Opportunity employer, Women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people who meet the requirements of this position are strongly encouraged to apply.
Download the Position Description Apply now