(Level B) $97,577 to $115,495 per annum plus an employer contribution of 9.5% superannuation will apply
Fixed term position available until 31 December 2019
Adelaide Health Simulation, within the Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences, is one of the most high-tech healthcare teaching facilities in the Southern Hemisphere
We address the current and future inter-professional learning needs of health and related workforces to improve patient care. Based in the South Australian Health and Biomedical Precinct, our state of the art facilities boast the latest audio visual, simulation and teaching technologies, while recognising the basic needs of future health professionals.
This role contributes to curriculum development, preparation and delivery of teaching, as well as the administration and coordination of teaching requirements and staffing across simulation based education.
To be successful you will need:
- Demonstrated relevant clinical experience and a currently registered health practitioner with AHPRA or equivalent.
- Demonstrated ability in the conduct of high quality teaching activities such as tutorials, simulation scenarios, practical classes, demonstrations, workshops, student field excursions and clinical sessions.
- Demonstrated skills and expertise in the preparation and delivery of teaching sessions (in particular practical skills or simulation based education) and to be committed to excellence in teaching.
- Ability to coordinate and manage a small team to deliver high quality outcomes, as demonstrated by communicating teaching requirements to relevant staff ahead of time, contacting and informing tutors, and overseeing the preparation, delivery and monitoring quality of teaching.
- An interest in interpersonal learning and an ability to work within a multidisciplinary team environment.
Enjoy an outstanding career environment
The University of Adelaide is a uniquely rewarding workplace. The size, breadth and quality of our education and research programs - including significant industry, government and community collaborations - offers you a vast scope and opportunity for a long, fulfilling career.
It also enables us to attract high-calibre people in all facets of our operations, ensuring you will be surrounded by talented colleagues, many world-leading. Our work's cutting-edge nature - not just in your own area, but across virtually the full spectrum of human endeavour - provides a constant source of inspiration.
Our core values are honesty, respect, fairness, discovery and excellence. Our culture is one that welcomes all and embraces diversity. We are firm believers that our people are our most valuable asset, so we work to grow and diversify the skills of our staff.
In addition, we offer a wide range of attractive staff benefits. These include: salary packaging; flexible work arrangements; high-quality professional development programs and activities; and an on-campus health clinic, gym and other fitness facilities.
Learn more at: adelaide.edu.au/jobs
Your faculty's broader role
The Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences contains one of Australia's largest concentrations of leading health researchers, teachers and clinical titleholders. It's comprised of five schools and a number of specialist disciplines, institutes and centres, variously focused on world-class research, and training the next generation of: medical doctors; surgeons; dentists; nurses; psychiatrists; psychologists; and other health professionals.
Learn more at: health.adelaide.edu.au
If you want to change tomorrow, act today
Click the link to the online application form below and address and upload your responses to all selection criteria. Applications close 11:55pm, 10 June 2019
For further information
For a confidential discussion regarding this position, contact:
Mr Adam Montagu
Director, Senior Lecturer
P: +61 (8) 8313 8003
If you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact the Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences HR Team on firstname.lastname@example.org or call +61 (8) 8313 8171
You'll find a full selection criteria below: (If no links appear, try viewing on another device)
The University of Adelaide is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people who meet the requirements of this position are strongly encouraged to apply.
Download the Position Description Apply now