Production Clinician Casual/Locum Role
Job no: 501981
Work type: Casual
Categories: Animal & Veterinary Sciences, Technical, Laboratory and Research Support
Casual/Locum role available for 4-6 weeks July 2019.
Reporting to the Senior Veterinary Clinician, the Veterinarian provides a range of high quality production animal veterinary services to the local community including general care and preventative health services, whole farm assessment and audit, breeding services and diagnostic and surgical procedures. Working as part of a clinical team you will also have the opportunity to provide emergency after hours services on weeknights and weekends. You will also contribute to clinical teaching and supervision of undergraduate students by involving them in clinical case management, providing additional learning opportunities where appropriate and demonstrating the highest standard of clinical and professional behaviour.
To be considered for this role you should have:
- Veterinary qualification with eligibility to be registered as a veterinarian in South Australia
- Proven experience in production animal practice with strong skills in farm animal medicine and herd health
- Demonstrated high level communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to work effectively with a diverse range of clients and team members
- Demonstrated enthusiasm and experience in assisting, teaching or mentoring others
- Demonstrated high level written communication skills, including the ability to keep detailed, accurate medical records and write professional referral letters and client correspondence.
- Demonstrated organisational skills with proven ability to effectively prioritise work and balance competing deadlines to achieve accurate, high quality work outcomes
Your faculty's broader role
The Faculty of Sciences is a multidisciplinary hub of cutting-edge teaching and research in: agriculture; food and wine; animal and veterinary sciences; biological sciences; and physical sciences. It develops future science leaders, and actively partners with innovative industries to solve scientific problems of global significance.
Learn more at: sciences.adelaide.edu.au
If you want to change tomorrow, act today
Click the link to the online application form below and address and upload your responses to all selection criteria. Applications close 11:55pm, 31 May 2019
For further information
For general enquiries on the recruitment process, contact:
P: +61 (0) 8 8313 7740
The University of Adelaide is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people who meet the requirements of this position are strongly encouraged to apply.
Refer a friend
Back to search results