Casual Academic Opportunities within the Australian School of Petroleum (ECMS)
Job no: 499546
Work type: Casual
Categories: Faculty of Engineering, Computer & Mathematical Sciences
We are seeking dedicated and passionate casual staff to assist with the delivery of our Semester 1 undergraduate and postgraduate courses, commencing 4 March 2019.
The Australian School of Petroleum (ASP) is a world-class centre for petroleum education, training and research. It is one of only a few institutions in the world offering fully integrated teaching and research programs in the disciplines of petroleum geoscience, engineering and management. With its diverse cohort of staff and students from Australia and abroad, the School prides itself on being an inclusive and exciting place to work. The School has modern curricula designed by industry professionals to produce the calibre of graduates needed by industry, and in doing research that provides useful information to industry and government decision-makers and to society at large.
The Faculty of Engineering, Computer and Mathematical Sciences is a thriving centre of learning, teaching and research in a vast range of engineering disciplines, computer science - including machine learning - and high-level mathematics. Many of its academic staff are world leaders in their fields, and graduates are highly regarded by employers.
Learn more at: https://ecms.adelaide.edu.au/
- View the current courses available to determine what work offerings are being made available for individual courses (i.e. teaching assistance, marking, lecturing)
- Ensure you meet the essential criteria:
- Possess an eligible Australian work visa
- Completion of an Undergraduate degree in a relevant field
- Good technical knowledge of the key teaching components of the courses you are applying for
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to clearly explain technical information to students
- Available and flexible to meet the minimum hourly/sessional requirements for the course
- Able to work collegially to support excellent tutoring or demonstrating in the School
- Consider the desired criteria:
- Previous experience with casual work within the School
- Demonstrated ability to educate and mentor students
- Evidence of good student feedback in student evaluations
- Evidence of good feedback from course coordinators
- To apply for the above opportunities, please click on the 'Apply' button below, provide the required information and attach your resume/CV
Term of position
4 March 2019 - 26 July 2019
For further information
For a confidential discussion regarding this position, contact:
If you want to change tomorrow, act today
Click the link to the online application form below. Applications close 11:55pm (ACST), 20 January 2019.
The University of Adelaide is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people who meet the requirements of this position are strongly encouraged to apply
Advertised: Cen. Australia Daylight Time
Applications close: Cen. Australia Daylight Time
Refer a friend
Back to search results