- Prestigious international university
- Wide range of employee benefits
- Executive Leadership role.
The University of Adelaide is one of Australia's leading Group of Eight, research-intensive universities and is consistently ranked among the top 1% of universities in the world. Established in 1874, it is Australia's third oldest university with a strong reputation for preparing educated leaders and delivering research outcomes that contribute to local, national and global wellbeing. University of Adelaide employees enjoy a range of benefits and favourable work conditions that include opportunities for career development and advancement.
The Faculty of Engineering, Computer & Mathematical Sciences is one of five faculties at the University of Adelaide. ECMS comprises seven schools and two major research centres and is responsible for servicing the needs of over 5000 students. ECMS is responsible for teaching a wide range of under-and post-graduate programs, as well as conducting research in all disciplines. ECMS has an annual budget of approximately $140M. ECMS has recently embarked on an ambitious transformation program with the aim of creating an innovative, agile Faculty that is recognised for leadership in education, research and global engagement.
The Director, Partnerships and Engagement will be responsible for coordinating and driving new strategic partnerships to secure increased investment for education and research.
We are seeking a strategic and inspirational leader who is future focused and has the ability to deliver consistent results. You will be politically astute, demonstrate high level communication, negotiation and influencing skills. You will have the ability to build strong working relationships to enable the development and management of partnerships internally and externally to meet the faculty’s strategic targets.
Salary: (HE10 - $122,720 - $130,819) per annum.
Superannuation: An employer contribution of 17% may apply.
Term of position: This fixed-term contract is available immediately for a period of 3 years with the possibility of further extension subject to the requirements of the faculty.
To be successful you should have:
- Demonstrated experience in providing visionary leadership and in motivating and mentoring relevant professional staff to meet KPIs
- Substantial demonstrated experience in leading major industry partnership initiatives in a University environment
- Proven experience in training and mentoring staff and in building relevant frameworks
- Demonstrated experience at executive level and working with Executive teams, Boards / Councils, Elected Members, Alumni and all levels of Government
- Demonstrated high level negotiation and engagement skills, including having a consultative and collaborative style
- Exceptional written, verbal and presentation skills, capable of delivering contractual outcomes
- Proven capacity to plan and implement strategies for a large and complex organisation
- Demonstrated ability to lead, manage and work effectively within a complex and changing environment
- Demonstrated ability to deal with confidential and sensitive matters including in defence
- Sound knowledge of the Australian Higher Education sector
- Have an awareness of industry related funding schemes and opportunities
- Graduate qualifications and extensive relevant experience
- Postgraduate qualification in engineering, computer or mathematical sciences
Please address and upload your responses to the selection criteria section of the position description within the online application. If you have any queries regarding this position, please email Anton Middelberg, Executive Dean, email@example.com
Please note if the position description link is not appearing, you will need to view on another device.
Closing date: 9am, 21 November 2018
The University of Adelaide is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people who meet the requirements of this position are strongly encouraged to apply
Download the Position Description Apply now