Lecturer, School of Psychology
Job no: 499311
Work type: Continuing - Full-time
Categories: Faculty of Health & Medical Sciences, Level B
- Exciting Lecturer position in Clinical Psychology
- Intellectually stimulating work environment
- Continuing position available immediately
The University of Adelaide is consistently ranked in the top 1% of the world’s universities with an international reputation for conducting world-leading research across a wide spectrum of areas. We are a member of the Group of Eight - a coalition of Australia’s foremost research-intensive universities.
Established in 1874, we draw strength from our founding values as we fulfil our future research and teaching foundations. Our distinctive features are:
- A student body of democratic breadth
- A staff of international distinction
- A spirit of freedom to investigate new fields
- A sense of importance to the community
- A goal to prepare educated leaders
Our employees enjoy a range of benefits and favourable work conditions that include opportunities for career development and advancement.
The Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences, comprises of five schools, and our mission is to improve the health and care of individuals and communities in South Australia, our region and globally through world class research, learning and practice.
The School of Psychology is one of those five schools and offers undergraduate and postgraduate level education in psychology. Research areas in the school span several core areas of psychological inquiry, utilising both quantitative and qualitative methodologies. Strengths in the school are in the areas of health and clinical psychology, cognition and brain, and social and organisational psychology. The school offers an intellectually stimulating environment in which to work in a prestigious and vibrant University community.
The successful candidate will contribute to the teaching and research supervision of undergraduate and postgraduate students in clinical psychology and related areas and will be required to perform course co-ordination duties.
Salary: (Level B) $96,135 - $113,788 per annum
Superannuation: An employer contribution of up to 17% may apply
Term of position: This continuing position is available immediately.
- A PhD or equivalent higher academic qualification in a relevant area.
- Full Registration as a Psychologist with the Psychology Board of Australia.
- Endorsement as a Clinical Psychologist with the Psychology Board of Australia.
- Psychology Board of Australia Approved Supervisor.
- Demonstrated skills and experience in the preparation and delivery of lectures, tutorials, demonstrations and workshops; as well as marking and assessment activities; and a commitment to excellence in teaching in psychology.
- Experience in course coordination and highly organised in the management of teaching and learning resources and staffing.
- Experience in the development of innovative teaching methods and curriculum design and delivery.
- A record of peer-reviewed publications at national and international level.
- Demonstrated commitment to professional activity.
- The ability to successfully supervise high quality Honours/Masters/PhD projects.
- Excellent oral and written English language skills.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and interact effectively with a variety of staff and students in a cross-disciplinary academic environment and to foster respectful and productive working relationships with staff, students and colleagues at all levels.
- Demonstrated ability to win bids for competitive external funding (Category 1-4) to support individual and collaborative research activities.
Please address and upload your responses to the selection criteria within the online application. If you have any queries regarding this position, please contact Associate Professor Rachel Roberts, telephone: (08) 8313 5228 or email: email@example.com
Closing date: 11:55pm, 02 November 2018
The University of Adelaide is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people who meet the requirements of this position are strongly encouraged to apply.
Download the Position Description
Advertised: Cen. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: Cen. Australia Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend