- Teaching intensive role at the prestigious Adelaide Business School
- Lecturer (Level B) in Research Methods and Marketing - Education Specialist
- Full-time position for 3 years
The University of Adelaide is one of Australia's leading Group of Eight, research-intensive universities and is consistently ranked among the top 1% of universities in the world. Established in 1874, it is Australia's third oldest university with a strong reputation for preparing educated leaders and delivering research outcomes that contribute to local, national and global wellbeing.
University of Adelaide employees enjoy a range of benefits and favourable work conditions that include opportunities for career development and advancement.
The Faculty of the Professions is one of five faculties at the University of Adelaide. It is comprised of the prestigious Adelaide Law School, the School of Architecture and Built Environment, the Adelaide Business School, the School of Economics, the Entrepreneurship, Commercialisation and Innovation Centre, Institute for International Trade, Centre for Global Food and Resources and the Future of Employment and Skills Research Centre. The faculty offers a range of undergraduate and postgraduate degrees and has strong connections with business and industry. It offers a contemporary, intellectually stimulating and rewarding working environment.
The Adelaide Business School is seeking an experienced academic with a proven track record teaching in Research Methods and Marketing. As this is a teaching intensive position, the majority of this role will be focussed on teaching and teaching related activities that contribute to the delivery of the Business School course offerings. The successful candidate will have extensive teaching experience in the field of Research Methods and Marketing, in particular at the MBA level. The School has large undergraduate and graduate programs, which are internationally focused and emphasise employer and professional engagement.
A demonstrated commitment to MBA teaching excellence and student support will be expected. Teaching load and compensation package are comparable to our peer institutions in the top Group of Eight Australian Universities.
Salary: (Level B) $96,135 - $113,788 per annum.
Superannuation: An employer contribution of up to 17% may apply.
Term of position: This full-time position is offered for a 3-year period and is available immediately or preferably no later than January 2019.
The successful applicant will have:
- PhD in Marketing or related field
- Proven excellence in teaching at undergraduate and postgraduate level (especially the MBA) in the fundamentals of both Research Methods (quantitative and qualitative) and Marketing, including demonstrated skills and experience in the preparation and delivery of lectures, demonstrations and workshops; and in assessment activities.
- Demonstrable expertise in the role of social and other digital media, both in Research and Marketing
- Commitment to the design and delivery of high quality and engaging courses and evidence of innovation in course design and course management
- Demonstrable ability to supervise Masters level research projects, and to engage students in the practical application of appropriate research methods
- Commitment to working collaboratively with students to ensure a positive learning experience
In addition, the ability to engage collaboratively with industry and other external stakeholders would be desirable.
Please address and upload your responses to the selection criteria section of the position description within the online application. If you have any queries regarding this position, please contact Dr Sam Wells, Director of Academic Experience, Adelaide Business School, on tel: +61 8 8313 8336 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 11.55pm, 30 October 2018
The University of Adelaide is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people who meet the requirements of this position are strongly encouraged to apply.
Download the Position Description