- Collect, analyse and report on learning analytics
- Assess the impact of educational change and innovation initiatives
- Benchmark and evaluate the incorporation and impact of data-driven decisions in teaching and learning
The University of Adelaide is one of Australia's leading Group of Eight, research-intensive universities and is consistently ranked among the top 1% of universities in the world. Established in 1874, it is Australia's third oldest university with a strong reputation for preparing educated leaders and delivering research outcomes that contribute to local, national and global wellbeing.
University of Adelaide employees enjoy a range of benefits and favourable work conditions that include opportunities for career development and advancement.
Building on its history of academic excellence, the University is preparing to deliver a reinvigorated education proposition that is second to none in Australia. To do this we require imaginative, dynamic and skilled people.
The Division of Academic and Student Engagement drives the achievement of the University's strategic goals in relation to learning and teaching. This includes ensuring that students have a quality experience and investing in the ongoing professional development of academic staff. The Division is comprised of five key portfolio areas led by: the Pro Vice-Chancellor (Student Learning); Pro Vice-Chancellor (International); Dean, Indigenous Research and Education Strategy; University Librarian and the Executive Director, Division of Academic and Student Engagement.
The Executive Director, Division of Academic and Student Engagement portfolio area is responsible for overall strategic management of the division. It provides leadership and direction to functional areas such as Student Administration, Children’s University, Student Recruitment and Admissions and Professional and Continuing Education.
The Pro Vice-Chancellor (Student Learning) portfolio area provides direction and leadership to ensure the University maintains education excellence and delivers a high-quality learning experience for each student. There is particular focus on quality assurance in learning and teaching and providing academic support for staff and students.
This role supports the University of Adelaide’s strategic priorities for development and implementation of learning analytics capabilities, and evaluations designed to assess the impact of educational change and innovation initiatives. This position will be responsible for collection, analysis and reporting on learning analytics and evaluations to support planning, benchmarking and evaluating the incorporation and impact of data-driven decisions in teaching and learning.
Salary: (HEO7) $85,105 - $95,231 per annum.
Superannuation: An employer contribution of 17% may apply.
Term of position: This fixed-term contract is available from October 2018 until 31 December 2018.
To be successful you should have:
Knowledge and Experience:
- Demonstrated experience in providing sound strategic advice, including the preparation of reports, briefing papers and similar, to executive and senior management
- Well-developed skills and expertise in data analysis and communicating statistical information
- Demonstrated advanced skills in the extraction and transformation of large and complex datasets
- Demonstrated advanced skills with Microsoft Office products, particularly Microsoft Excel, and SPSS, R, Power BI or other analysis software
- Demonstrated capacity to work in a team environment and a proven ability to liaise, build and maintain effective working relationships at all levels within an organisation
- Demonstrated ability to meet fixed deadlines on time.
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of the higher education environment, trends, policies and procedures, and their application in the provision of data analysis and advice
- Proven ability to ability to proactively respond to change in a fast-paced environment and manage shifting priorities as required.
- Tertiary qualifications (in information management and/or statistics) and relevant experience, or an equivalent combination of relevant data management and reporting experience and/or education/training.
Please address and upload your responses to the 'Knowledge and Experience' section of the position description within the online application. If you have any queries regarding this position, contact Eleanor De Guglielmo, Administration Officer, telephone: 08 8313 5383 or email: email@example.com
Please note if the position description link is not appearing, you will need to view on another device.
Closing date: 5.00pm, 3rd October 2018
The University of Adelaide is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people who meet the requirements of this position are strongly encouraged to apply.
Download the Position Description