- Prestigious international university
- Wide range of employee benefits
- Continuing opportunity based at the University's Roseworthy Campus north of Adelaide
The University of Adelaide is one of Australia's leading Group of Eight, research-intensive universities and is consistently ranked among the top 1% of universities in the world. Established in 1874, it is Australia's third oldest university with a strong reputation for preparing educated leaders and delivering research outcomes that contribute to local, national and global wellbeing.
University of Adelaide employees enjoy a range of benefits and favourable work conditions that include opportunities for career development and advancement.
The Faculty of Sciences is one of five faculties at the University of Adelaide. As the first university in Australia to grant degrees in science (1882), science has long been at the cornerstone of the institution and this continues today. As a research and education leader in fields such as agriculture, food & wine, animal & veterinary sciences, biological sciences, and physical sciences, the Faculty offers an exciting and innovative work environment.
Working under general direction and closely with the Head of School, School Manager/Senior Executive Officer and Departmental Heads, the Senior Academic Support Officer is a major point of contact for academic staff, in the School in which the position is physically located, for advice and support on learning and teaching issues.
The position provides executive and strategic support for learning and teaching activities in the School. It is responsible for coordinating effective and high quality curriculum administrative support activities across all programs to maintain quality and compliance, and for providing executive support for academic and student policies and procedures in the School.
Salary: (HEO6) $77,316 to $83,548 per annum.
Superannuation: An employer contribution of 17% may apply.
Term of position: This continuing position is available immediately.
To be successful you should have:
- Demonstrated experience and expertise in the provision of administrative support for curriculum development, quality and compliance
- Ability to interpret and implement policy, analyse data, provide advice and report on academic and curriculum matters in a concise and understood way
- Demonstrated knowledge of learning and teaching policy and procedures in a tertiary institution
- Excellent communication skills, bother verbal and written, including the ability to liaise and negotiate with staff at all levels
- Demonstrated organization skills with proven ability to effectively prioritise work and balance competing deadlines to achieve work outcomes with a high degree of accuracy and without compromising quality
- Demonstrated computer literacy skills with expertise in advanced functions of office technology, including work processing, spread sheets and databases.
Please address and upload your responses to the 'Knowledge and Experience' section of the position description within the online application.
If you have any queries with regards to the application process for this position, please contact Michelle Carter, HR Officer, email: email@example.com.
If you have any queries regarding this position, please contact Kieron Nolan, Academic Support Team Leader, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note if the position description/selection criteria link is not appearing, you will need to view on another device.
Closing date: 11:55pm, 1 October 2018
The University of Adelaide is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people who meet the requirements of this position are strongly encouraged to apply.
Download the Position Description