- Delivering high level administrative support
- Assist with webpage maintenance, postgraduate administration and health and safety
- Contribute to areas of learning, teaching research and general administration
The University of Adelaide is one of Australia's leading Group of Eight, research-intensive universities and is consistently ranked among the top 1% of universities in the world. Established in 1874, it is Australia's third oldest university with a strong reputation for preparing educated leaders and delivering research outcomes that contribute to local, national and global wellbeing.
University of Adelaide employees enjoy a range of benefits and favourable work conditions that include opportunities for career development and advancement.
The Faculty of Arts is one of five faculties at the University of Adelaide. The Faculty is steeped in history with its roots beginning over 125 years ago. Its arts degree was the first degree offered at the University in 1876.
Today the Faculty is a place of innovative practice and thought leadership. With outstanding teachers who have won national learning and teaching awards, many graduates have gone on to become leading politicians, policy makers, historians, curators, musicians and writers. The Faculty offers an interesting workplace of diverse disciplines clustered around the arts, humanities and social sciences, and serves the needs of approximately 5000 enrolled students.
The School of Humanities is one of four schools in the Faculty of Arts and comprises ten Departments, i.e. Art History; Classics, Archaeology and Ancient History; English and Creative Writing; French Studies; German Studies; History; Linguistics; Media; Philosophy; and Spanish Studies. In addition two research centres are affiliated with the School.
Working under general direction and as part of a team, the Senior Administrative Officer is responsible for the provision of quality administrative services to support the School’s Department Heads, academic and affiliate staff, HDR students professional staff, the wider University community and the general public, in the areas of learning, teaching research, general administration and any other areas as required. The position is also responsible for webpage maintenance, postgraduate administration and health and safety.
Salary: (HEO5) $69,262 - $77,057 per annum.
Superannuation: An employer contribution of 17% may apply.
Term of position: This continuing position is available immediately.
To be successful you should have:
- Demonstrated experience working in a team environment within a tertiary environment or large organisation.
- Demonstrated organisational and time management skills, with the ability to use initiative and judgement to establish priorities and to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written, including the ability to liaise and interact with students and staff at all levels.
- Demonstrated ability to respectfully interact with people from diverse backgrounds and experiences.
- High level of computer literacy with experience in word processing and spreadsheets.
Please address and upload your responses to the selection criteria / 'Knowledge and Experience' section of the position description within the online application. If you have any queries regarding this position, please contact Kath McCulloch, Faculty Executive Officer, telephone: 8313 6058
Please note if the position description/selection criteria link is not appearing, you will need to view on another device.
Closing date: 5.00pm, 1 October 2018
The University of Adelaide is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people who meet the requirements of this position are strongly encouraged to apply.
Download the Position Description