Associate Lecturer, The School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering
Job no: 499211
Work type: Continuing - Full-time
Categories: Faculty of Engineering, Computer & Mathematical Sciences, Level A
- Prestigious international university
- Wide range of employee benefits
- Collegial and flexible working environment
Our employees enjoy a range of benefits and favourable work conditions that include opportunities for career development and advancement, on-campus childcare facilities, fitness and healthy well-being programs.
The Faculty of Engineering, Computer and Mathematical Sciences offers an exciting and innovative environment in which to work. We are a centre for learning and research across a wide range of engineering disciplines, computer science and high level mathematics. Academic staff are world renowned in their fields of advanced fundamental and applied research and our graduates are highly regarded by employers.
The School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering is acclaimed for its excellent research reputation and is ranked in the top 40 of the world and first in Australia according to the 2018 Academic Ranking of World Universities. Adelaide is regarded as one of the world’s most liveable cities. Our School enjoys a collegial atmosphere with close staff interaction.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and innovative academic with superior organisational skills to coordinate the School’s practical laboratories, coursework projects and casual teaching staff in a teaching-focussed academic position at Level A. To give an idea of the scale of work involved, the School presently runs first-year classes with about 500 students doing three hours of experimental work a week. Each semester we have about two dozen casual teaching staff members supporting about a dozen teaching courses.
Flexible working opportunities are available for the successful candidate.
Salary: (Level A) $68,912 to $92,796 per annum.
Superannuation: An employer contribution of 17% may apply.
Term of position: This is a continuing role.
To be successful you should have:
- An undergraduate degree and a PhD, both in electrical and electronic engineering or a closely-related discipline.
- Demonstrated ability in the coordination of practical laboratories and casual teaching staff in electrical and electronic engineering.
- Demonstrated ability in the coordination of Honours and Masters coursework projects.
- Demonstrated experience in supervision and assessment of Honours and Masters coursework projects.
- Teaching experience (or potential) demonstrating both commitment and success in effective and inspirational participation in coursework teaching and research supervision.
- Demonstrated experience in developing high quality teaching materials, including practical experiments and online materials.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- A high degree of organisational skills and the ability to effectively fulfil administrative tasks.
- Ability to work collegially with other staff in a university environment.
In your application, please include a document carefully addressing each of the selection criteria. If you have any queries regarding this position, please contact Dr Brian Ng, Director of Teaching, telephone: +61 8 831 35054 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note if the selection criteria link does not appear on this page, you will need to view this page on another device.
Closing date: 11.55pm, 7 October 2018
The University of Adelaide is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people who meet the requirements of this position are strongly encouraged to apply.
Download the Position Description
Advertised: Cen. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: Cen. Australia Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend