Manager, Scholarly Information
Job no: 499146
Work type: Continuing - Full-time
Categories: Libraries, HEO9, Management
- Develop current and future services to support scholarly communication
- Wide range of employee benefits
- Continuing role within the Library Leadership team
The University of Adelaide is one of Australia's leading Group of Eight, research-intensive universities and is consistently ranked among the top 1% of universities in the world. It has a strong reputation for preparing educated leaders and delivering research outcomes that contribute to local, national and global wellbeing.
In this new and exciting role, you will lead the University Library’s initiatives and services to support scholarly communication, digitisation and discovery.
The Manager, Scholarly Information will drive innovation and change in the systems, tools and mechanisms by which the Library can support and facilitate access, description and discovery of scholarly information.
This will encompass strategic oversight for Library systems and applications; discovery and metadata services across a range of library systems, including the institutional repository; course readings support; responsibility for digitisation projects and services; and publication services as provided by the University Press. Key to this role is the review, assessment and strategic development of current and future services to support scholarly communication, digitisation and discovery. The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate their ability to reconceive and develop services and business processes to better meet customer information needs.
Salary: (HEO9) $111,077 -$118,862 per annum.
Superannuation: An employer contribution of 17% may apply.
Term of position: This continuing position is available immediately.
To be successful you should have:
- Extensive experience in the provision of discovery and digitisation services in an academic library environment.
- Experience in providing innovative services to support scholarly communication and publishing.
- Extensive experience in leading a team to support the delivery of services in an academic environment.
- Demonstrated experience in leading and influencing change within the workplace to promote a customer-service culture.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills, presentation skills and demonstrated excellence in business writing.
- Demonstrated excellent negotiation, analytical and decision making skills.
- Proven success in developing productive stakeholder relationships including working with research and scholarly communication services, vendors and other technical support services.
- Project management experience including an ability to respond to emerging and competing priorities.
- An excellent understanding of how library systems and applications are used to support teaching, research and discovery in an academic environment.
Please address and upload your responses to the position requirements listed above within the online application. If you have any queries regarding this position, contact Kate Sinclair, Associate University Librarian, Library Experience, telephone: 8313 5223 or email: email@example.com
Please note if the position description link is not appearing, you will need to view on another device.
Closing date: 5.00pm, 26 September 2018
The University of Adelaide is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people who meet the requirements of this position are strongly encouraged to apply.
Download the Position Description
Advertised: Cen. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: Cen. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend