- Exciting continuing full time role
- Prestigious international university
- Wide range of employee benefits
The University of Adelaide is one of Australia's leading Group of Eight, research-intensive universities and is consistently ranked among the top 1% of universities in the world. Established in 1874, it is Australia's third oldest university with a strong reputation for preparing educated leaders and delivering research outcomes that contribute to local, national and global wellbeing.
University of Adelaide employees enjoy a range of benefits and favourable work conditions that include opportunities for career development and advancement.
The School of Animal and Veterinary Sciences provides world-class, outcome-based education and training of animal and veterinary scientists in a research environment. Based at the Roseworthy Campus, 50km north of the Adelaide CBD and minutes from Gawler, the school is situated on a 1600 ha property that includes a working farm, full service Veterinary Health Centre teaching clinics, and a range of general purpose and specialist teaching and research facilities. The School offers four academic programs: Animal Behaviour, Animal Science, Veterinary Bioscience and Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM). Veterinary Bioscience and DVM students are expected to complete a total of 35 weeks of extramural placement work concurrently during the course of their studies.
The Administration Officer is responsible for assisting with the effective administration and systems management of the School’s extra mural studies program, continuing education delivery and support with School based services. The Administration Officer will liaise with rural and industry providers to support ongoing partnerships in relation to student placement and continuing education opportunities. Duties include general administration support within the School’s administration team.
This position will suit an enthusiastic, well-organised person with a ‘can-do’ attitude who can develop and maintain good relationships with all stakeholders (internal & external). The person will need sound administration skills, have an ability to work in a dynamic environment with competing demands. Must have a friendly and flexible approach with a willingness to learn and embrace new technologies will be essential.
Salary: (HEO4) $61,735 - $67,704 per annum.
Superannuation: An employer contribution of 17% may apply.
Term of position: This continuing position is available immediately.
To be successful you should have:
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills in order to liaise effectively with a diverse range of clients and work effectively as a member of the service team
- Demonstrated ability to learn and embrace new technologies
- Demonstrated organisational skills with proven ability to effectively prioritise tasks and balance competing deadlines to achieve accurate and timely work outcomes
- Demonstrated experience delivering client centred services to the agreed standard
- Demonstrated experience organising projects, managing calendars and planning events
- Demonstrated experience using data information systems including in putting of data and producing reports
- Demonstrated computer literacy skills with knowledge of MS Office suite and databases.
Please address and upload your responses to the 'Knowledge and Experience' section of the position description within the online application. If you have any queries regarding this position, please contact Mandy Holloway, HR Officer, telephone: 83137740 or email: email@example.com
Please note if the position description/selection criteria link is not appearing, you will need to view on another device.
Closing date: 5.00pm, 27 September 2018
The University of Adelaide is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people who meet the requirements of this position are strongly encouraged to apply.
Download the Position Description