Manager, Global Communications & Events
Job no: 499060
Work type: Continuing - Full-time
Categories: Marketing, Student Services and Learning support, HEO8, Management
- Newly created role
- Lead outreach and communication initiatives
- Develop, promote and oversee recruitment and mobility focused communications, events and marketing
Become part of an exciting new international team at the University of Adelaide. The portfolio of the Pro Vice-Chancellor (International) has expanded to support the University’s aspirations to grow and diversify its international engagement and allow for future flexibility within a rapidly changing sectoral environment. Multiple opportunities exist for target-focused, innovative managers with a global mindset to identify new recruitment opportunities, expand international partnerships and support the University in achieving its strategic objectives.
Building on its history of academic excellence, the University of Adelaide is preparing to deliver a reinvigorated education proposition that is second to none in Australia. To do this we require imaginative, dynamic and skilled people.
University of Adelaide employees enjoy a range of benefits and favourable work conditions that include opportunities for career development and advancement.
As Manager, Global Communications and Events, you will develop, promote and oversee a consistent and integrated approach to both onshore and offshore student recruitment and mobility focused communications, events and marketing. You will be responsible for overseeing the organisation of domestic and in-country roadshows, open days, global fora and overseas partner events. You will ensure consistent messaging and visualisation on a variety of media. You will also oversee and lead the Global Engagement outreach and communication initiatives, developing a comprehensive portfolio-wide communication plan and priority project initiatives.
This position will involve domestic and international travel.
Salary: (HEO8) $95,493 - $107,179 per annum.
Superannuation: An employer contribution of 17% may apply.
Term of position: This continuing position is available immediately.
Knowledge and Experience
To be successful you will have:
- demonstrated leadership skills to enable a strong service focus and delivery of desirable outcomes
- demonstrated ability to lead, manage and measure the outcomes on multi-channel marketing communications initiatives and apply continuous improvement, in relations to marketing and outreach for the international student market and for the Global Engagement enterprises more generally
- strong understanding of digital recruitment activities and experience developing digital campaigns that involve planning, strategic thinking, liaison, interpretation of complex data and reporting on return on investment
- demonstrated experience in managing a small team including responsibility for workload allocation, provision of feedback and identifying training and development needs.
Please address and upload your responses to the Knowledge and Experience section as listed above within the online application. If you have any queries regarding this position, please email email@example.com
Please note if the position description/selection criteria link is not appearing, you will need to view on another device.
Closing date: 5.00pm, 26 September 2018
The University of Adelaide is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people who meet the requirements of this position are strongly encouraged to apply.
Download the Position Description
Advertised: Cen. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: Cen. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend