Casual Assessor, SATAC
Job no: 499006
Work type: Casual
Categories: Student Services and Learning support, HEO4
- Tertiary admissions environment
- More than one casual position
- Work during the holiday period
The South Australian Tertiary Admissions Centre Limited (SATAC) provides reliable, efficient and innovative admissions services to its owners and to fee-for-service clients.
SATAC is an IT-centred and enabled service organisation that is guided by a collective of higher education institutions in South Australia and the Northern Territory: The University of Adelaide, Flinders University, Charles Darwin University, University of South Australia and TAFE SA.
SATAC currently has vacancies for Casual Assessors to join their team from September 2018.
Assessors work under general direction as part of a team to process all incoming applications. Assessors will quickly learn and work with complex procedural systems and locally developed admissions software to perform day-to-day duties. Assessors demonstrate accuracy, attention to detail and a methodical approach to repetitive tasks while working to inflexible deadlines.
Assessors will generally be assigned to a single service (Undergraduate, Postgraduate, TAFE SA and International) but may be required to shift to or fill in for another service to enable balancing of staff in relation to assessment workloads.
The Key responsibilities are outlined below:
Perform complex data entry:
- Verify the accuracy of information supplied by applicants and ensure the corresponding data are accurately recorded on SATAC information systems,
- Use specialised admissions software within a standard desktop computer environment,
- Navigate between multiple software packages to retrieve information and enter data,
- Acquire and maintain fluency in the use and meaning of codes and acronyms specific to SATAC’s business.
Work effectively as a member of a high performing team:
- Actively communicate with the team to maintain shared understandings of guidelines for standard tasks,
- Contribute to a positive and fulfilling workplace by actively sharing knowledge, embracing collaboration and respecting other’s ideas,
- Contribute to the achievement of team goals within tight deadlines, by seeking assistance from or providing support to teammates as required.
Support stakeholders and other areas of SATAC:
- Actively foster SATAC’s continuous improvement culture by engaging in informal peer review activities and providing detailed written feedback during reviews of each admission cycle,
- Provide prompt responses to queries and deliver a high level of customer care to applicants, their agents and client institutions.
- Strictly adhere to the confidentiality guidelines for applicant information,
- Be agile and adaptive in the face of changing requirements and workloads, including assisting other teams within SATAC during peak periods.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Demonstrated ability to learn complex procedural and computer programs quickly.
- Demonstrated ability to consistently apply analytical, observational and decision making skills in accordance with guidelines.
- Demonstrated ability to manage conflicting priorities and complete tasks to meet deadlines \
- Demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated experience in working within a team and contributing to the achievement of shared goals.
- Experience in delivering a high level of customised service in a fast paced environment while maintaining concentration and attention to detail.
- Knowledge of, and experience in. a tertiary administration / admissions environment.
- Experience with database systems and proficiency in the use of Microsoft programs and applicant management systems.
- Completion of a relevant diploma level qualification with relevant work related experience; or
- Completion of a relevant Certificate III or IV with relevant work experience; or
- An equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training.
Please address and upload your responses to the essential and desirable knowledge and experience within the online application.
- Applicants will need to be available for training from mid September.
- As December and January are particular busy times at SATAC, there may be little opportunity to take time off, other than the public holidays, over this time.
Salary: Classification HEO4 - $40.38 / hour. As these are Casual positions, hours worked may fluctuate.
Superannuation: 9.5% applies
Closing date: 9.30am, 20 August 2018
If you have any queries regarding this position, please contact Alison Kelman at: Alison.email@example.com or (08) 8224 4073.
The University of Adelaide is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people who meet the requirements of this position are strongly encouraged to apply.
Advertised: Cen. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: Cen. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend