Job no: 498983
Work type: Fixed term - Full-time
Categories: Administration, Student Services and Learning support, HEO5
- Program advice and program-related administration
- Deliver high-quality customer service
- Full time, 12 months fixed term contract
The Faculty of Arts is one of five faculties at the University of Adelaide. The Faculty is steeped in history with its roots beginning over 125 years ago. Its arts degree was the first degree offered at the University in 1876.
Today the Faculty is a place of innovative practice and thought leadership. With outstanding teachers who have won national learning and teaching awards, many graduates have gone on to become leading politicians, policy makers, historians, curators, musicians and writers. The Faculty offers an interesting workplace of diverse disciplines clustered around the arts, humanities and social sciences, and serves the needs of approximately 5000 enrolled students.
Working under general direction, the Student Advisor provides advice to students and staff including information related to admission requirements, programs structure, study plans, enrolment and selection of courses, study overseas experiences including exchanges, graduation and completions.
Salary: (HEO5) $69,262 - $77,057 per annum.
Superannuation: An employer contribution of 9.5% may apply.
Term of position: This fixed-term contract is available from 8 October 2018 for 12 months.
To be successful you should have:
- Proven experience delivering high-quality customer service.
- Demonstrated experience in providing program advice to students and program administration.
- Demonstrated high-level organisational and time management skills with the ability to use initiative and judgement to establish priorities and to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated high-level interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written, including the ability to liaise and interact with students and staff at all levels.
- Demonstrated ability to operative effectively in a team, contributing positively to team operations and service delivery.
Please address and upload your responses to the 'Knowledge and Experience' section of the position description within the online application. If you have any queries regarding this position, please contact Janine Donnell, Team Leader Student Services, telephone: 831 32057 or email: email@example.com.
Please note if the position description/selection criteria link is not appearing, you will need to view on another device.
Closing date: 9am, 20 August 2018
The University of Adelaide is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people who meet the requirements of this position are strongly encouraged to apply.
Download the Position Description
Advertised: Cen. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: Cen. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend