- Tackle a range of administrative and student support functions
- Join a team dedicated to delivering quality activities and functions
- Full-time continuing position
The University of Adelaide is one of Australia's leading Group of Eight, research-intensive universities and is consistently ranked among the top 1% of universities in the world. Established in 1874, it is Australia's third oldest university with a strong reputation for preparing educated leaders and delivering research outcomes that contribute to local, national and global wellbeing.
University of Adelaide employees enjoy a range of benefits and favourable work conditions that include opportunities for career development and advancement.
The Faculty of Arts is one of five faculties at the University of Adelaide. The Faculty is steeped in history with its roots beginning over 125 years ago. Its arts degree was the first degree offered at the University in 1876.
Today the Faculty is a place of innovative practice and thought leadership. With outstanding teachers who have won national learning and teaching awards, many graduates have gone on to become leading politicians, policy makers, historians, curators, musicians and writers. The Faculty offers an interesting workplace of diverse disciplines clustered around the arts, humanities and social sciences, and serves the needs of approximately 5000 enrolled students.
The School of Education is one of four schools in the Faculty of Arts. It has a history of over 120 years of educational research and teacher education in South Australia. The School’s vision is to graduate scholarly educationalists who can lead learning across global, national and local contexts. The School offers a range of degrees at both undergraduate and graduate levels.
This role provides a range of administrative and student support functions that underpin the delivery of the activities and functions for the School of Education.
Salary: (HEO4) $61,735 - $67,704 per annum.
Superannuation: An employer contribution of 17% may apply.
Term of position: This continuing position is available immediately.
- High level of verbal, interpersonal and written skills, and the ability to communicate in a succinct, professional and responsive manner to deliver client-centric results.
- Demonstrated experience and commitment to providing quality administrative support services to internal and external stakeholders in a complex service environment.
- Ability to use initiative, establish priorities, effectively and efficiently process large volumes of tasks whilst maintaining accuracy and attention to detail, and to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders both internal and external to the organisation.
- Well-developed IT skills including proficiency in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, databases, Internet and the ability to quickly become competent with other systems and programs as required.
- To be successful you should have completed a diploma level qualification relevant to administration, and/or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education and training.
Please address and upload your responses to the selection criteria / 'Knowledge and Experience' section of the position description within the online application. If you have any queries regarding this position, please contact Vanessa Gicasvili, School Business Manager, telephone: 8313 5831 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note if the position description/selection criteria link is not appearing, you will need to view on another device.
Closing date: 9am, 23 July 2018
The University of Adelaide is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people who meet the requirements of this position are strongly encouraged to apply.
Download the Position Description