- Prestigious international university
- Wide range of employee benefits
- Exciting opportunity for an experienced research administrative support officer on our Roseworthy campus
The University of Adelaide is one of Australia's leading Group of Eight, research-intensive universities and is consistently ranked among the top 1% of universities in the world. Established in 1874, it is Australia's third oldest university with a strong reputation for preparing educated leaders and delivering research outcomes that contribute to local, national and global wellbeing.
University of Adelaide employees enjoy a range of benefits and favourable work conditions that include opportunities for career development and advancement.
The Faculty of Sciences is one of five faculties at the University of Adelaide. As the first university in Australia to grant degrees in science (1882), science has long been at the cornerstone of the institution and this continues today. As a research and education leader in fields such as agriculture, food & wine, animal & veterinary sciences, biological sciences, and physical sciences, the Faculty offers an exciting and innovative work environment.
The School of Animal and Veterinary Sciences provides world-class, outcome-based education and training of animal and veterinary scientists in a research environment. Based at the Roseworthy Campus, 60km north of the Adelaide CBD and minutes from Gawler, the school is situated on a 1600 ha property that includes a working farm, full service Veterinary Health Centre teaching clinics, and a range of general purpose and specialist teaching and research facilities.
The Davies Research Centre (www.adelaide.edu.au/davies-research-centre) was established in May 2016 and has a focus on animal production, global food security, biosecurity and animal welfare. The Centre has and large and complex portfolio of projects and grant funding with many external national and international collaborators.
The Research Administrative Support Officer will play a key role in the management and growth of projects and collaborative activities and will work under the general direction of the Research Professor, JS Davies Chair to provide effective research administrative support to Davies Research Centre operations in support of the various research themes and provide support and services to visiting students and academics.
Key areas of responsibility include research project support, general operational administration activities, while duties include research reporting and data collection with a high degree of accuracy and integrity.
Salary: HEO5 ($69,262 to $77,057) per annum.
Superannuation: An employer contribution of 9.5% applies.
Term of position: This fixed-term contract is available immediately until 30 June 2020.
To be successful you should have:
- Knowledge of the University sector, funding of research and of related structures and processes in a research-oriented field.
- Demonstrated experience in the provision of administrative, research and project support services including a high level of competence in the coordination of committees and workshops.
- Demonstrated experience identifying and analysing information and issues to support the development of practical solutions and recommendations for effective client outcomes and the implementation of research projects and programs.
- Demonstrated experience communicating, both verbally and in writing, in a succinct, professional and responsive manner to deliver client centric results.
- Demonstrated experience with data entry and use of databases.
- High-level computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Office suite of products in particular, spreadsheet functions for the collection and reporting of data.
Please address and upload your responses to the 'Knowledge and Experience' section of the position description within the online application. If you have any queries regarding this position, please contact John Williams, Research Professor - JS Davies Chair, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note if the position description is not appearing, you will need to view on another device.
Closing date: 9am, 23 July 2018
The University of Adelaide is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people who meet the requirements of this position are strongly encouraged to apply.
Download the Position Description