Production Animal Veterinarian - Locum Position
Job no: 498877
Work type: Casual
Location: Regional South Australia
Categories: Technical, Laboratory and Research Support, HEO7
- Farm animal, ambulatory and emergency services
- Short or long term locum position
- Contribute to veterinary education
The Veterinary Health Centre (VHC) is the School’s clinical teaching facility which operates on a commercial basis, offering a range of first opinion, ambulatory and specialist veterinary services across all animal species to the general public and referring veterinarians. As a unit of the VHC, the Production Animal Health Centre (PAHC) consists of an ambulatory (on farm) service and a campus-based clinic, providing veterinary services to owners of production animals in a wide region surrounding Roseworthy and referral services. The centre also provides a clinical training environment for final year veterinary students working under the close supervision of experienced veterinary surgeons and support staff.
Reporting to the Senior Veterinary Clinician, locum veterinarians provide a range of high quality production animal veterinary services to the local community including general care and preventative health services, whole farm assessment and audit, breeding services and diagnostic and surgical procedures. Working as part of a clinical team you will also have the opportunity to provide emergency after hours services on weeknights and weekends. You will also contribute to clinical teaching and supervision of undergraduate students by involving them in clinical case management, providing additional learning opportunities where appropriate and demonstrating the highest standard of clinical and professional behaviour.
This position is for short or long term locums with short term accommodation and flights supported.
Salary and Benefits
Salary: (HEO7) $85,105 - $95,231 per annum plus 17% superannuation contribution and on-call shift allowances.
- On campus free parking
- Staff discounts for veterinary service and products
- Cafeteria on site
- Library access, digital on line resources
- Discounts for University continuing education courses
- On site gym, sporting facilities and swimming pool
Term of position: This is a short or long term locum position available immediately.
To be successful you should have:
- Veterinary qualification with eligibility to be registered as a veterinarian in South Australia
- Proven experience in production animal practice with strong skills in farm animal medicine and herd health
- Demonstrated high level communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to work effectively with a diverse range of clients and team members
- Demonstrated enthusiasm and experience in assisting, teaching or mentoring others
- Demonstrated high level written communication skills, including the ability to keep detailed, accurate medical records and write professional referral letters and client correspondence
- Demonstrated organisational skills with proven ability to effectively prioritise work and balance competing deadlines to achieve accurate, high quality work outcomes.
Please direct any enquiries to Mandy Holloway, HR Officer on (08) 8313 7740 or email email@example.com
Applications Close: 11.55pm, Tuesday 31 July 2018
The University of Adelaide is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people who meet the requirements of this position are strongly encouraged to apply.
Advertised: Cen. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: Cen. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend