- A dynamic role combining team coordination and project support
- Maintain student information and business systems
- Support the Faculty's academic programs
The University of Adelaide is one of Australia's leading Group of Eight, research-intensive universities and is consistently ranked among the top 1% of universities in the world. Established in 1874, it is Australia's third oldest university with a strong reputation for preparing educated leaders and delivering research outcomes that contribute to local, national and global wellbeing.
University of Adelaide employees enjoy a range of benefits and favourable work conditions that include opportunities for career development and advancement.
The Faculty of Arts is one of five faculties at the University of Adelaide. The Faculty is steeped in history with its roots beginning over 125 years ago. Its arts degree was the first degree offered at the University in 1876.
Today the Faculty is a place of innovative practice and thought leadership. With outstanding teachers who have won national learning and teaching awards, many graduates have gone on to become leading politicians, policy makers, historians, curators, musicians and writers. The Faculty offers an interesting workplace of diverse disciplines clustered around the arts, humanities and social sciences, and serves the needs of approximately 5000 enrolled students.
This role is responsible for the coordination and maintenance of student information and business systems that support the Faculty’s academic programs and associated student and staff services such as course timetabling, class scheduling, enrolments, room bookings and space management. The role is also responsible for managing Academic Support Officers and assisting in undertaking Learning, Teaching and Higher Degree by Research tasks and related projects.
Salary: (HEO6) $77,316 - $83,548 per annum.
Superannuation: An employer contribution of 9.5% may apply.
Term of position: This fixed-term, full-time contract is available from Monday 23 July 2018 and will end on Friday 23 August 2019.
To be successful you should have:
- Completion of a tertiary qualification and/or extensive relevant experience.
- Demonstrated experience in leading and managing a team.
- Demonstrated knowledge of learning and teaching policies and procedures in a tertiary institution.
- Demonstrated high level communication skills, both verbal and written, including the ability to liaise and negotiate with staff at all levels.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of timetabling within a tertiary institution.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of computer software including Syllabus Plus, Cognos BI Discoverer and the MS Office suite.
- Demonstrated organisational and planning skills across a range of functions including the capacity to develop and implement procedures and guidelines
- Ability to use analytical and problem-solving skills to collect, analyse and interpret information.
- Understanding of University of Adelaide policies, business rules and procedures (desirable).
Please address and upload your responses to the 'Knowledge and Experience' and ‘Qualifications’ sections of the position description within the online application. If you have any queries regarding this position, please contact Ms Jane Turci, Team Leader, Learning and Teaching on email email@example.com
Please note if the position description/selection criteria link is not appearing, you will need to view on another device.
Closing date: 9am, 25 June 2018.
The University of Adelaide is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people who meet the requirements of this position are strongly encouraged to apply.
Download the Position Description