Job no: 498663
Work type: Continuing - Full-time
Categories: Technical, Laboratory and Research Support, Administration, Information and Communications Technology, Finance and Accounting, Student Services and Learning support, HEO4
- Prestigious international university
- Wide range of employee benefits
- Continuing opportunity
The University of Adelaide is one of Australia's leading Group of Eight, research-intensive universities and is consistently ranked among the top 1% of universities in the world. Established in 1874, it is Australia's third oldest university with a strong reputation for preparing educated leaders and delivering research outcomes that contribute to local, national and global wellbeing. University of Adelaide employees enjoy a range of benefits and favourable work conditions that include opportunities for career development and advancement.
The Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences is one of five faculties at the University of Adelaide. Comprised of five schools and a number of disciplines, research centres and institutes, the faculty is focused on education excellence and innovative research in the health sciences.
The Technical Services team provide operational support across the Faculty relating laboratory management, Health, Safety and Wellbeing (HSW), Infrastructure support, teaching and shared laboratory support, laboratory materials receipt and distribution and general administrative support to the Faculty.
Working under general direction, the Receiving Officer is responsible for managing the distribution and receipting of all goods deliveries related to the Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences. The role is responsible for liaising with relevant areas in relation to delivery and dispatch of goods and maintaining safety data and storage information.
Salary: (HEO4) $61,735 - $67,704 per annum.
Superannuation: An employer contribution of 17% may apply.
Term of position: This continuing position is available immediately
To be successful you should have:
- Experience in receipting of goods and management of stock
- Experience in the operation of a dispatch centre/area
- Demonstrated experience in the coordination and delivery of effective infrastructure services, advice and support for a large and complex organisation, including contributing to the development and implementation of action plans and initiatives
- Experience in the utilisation of a range of PC based hardware and software applications, including competency across the full Microsoft office suite of programs
- Demonstrated experience in managing multiple tasks with competing deadlines, developing and implementing processes to achieve defined outcomes, and solving problems in an innovative and creative manner
- Ability to work well both independently and as a member of a team
- Demonstrated experience communicating, both verbally and in writing, in a succinct and responsive manner to deliver client centric results
Please address and upload your responses to the 'Knowledge and Experience' section of the position description within the online application. If you have any queries regarding this position, please contact Mrs Alyshea Collaco, Team Leader Infrastructure and Services, telephone: 8313 2313 or email: Alyshea.email@example.com
Please note if the position description link is not appearing, you will need to view on another device.
Closing date: 27 May 2018, 11:55 PM , ACST
The University of Adelaide is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people who meet the requirements of this position are strongly encouraged to apply.
Download the Position Description
Advertised: Cen. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: Cen. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend