Prestigious international university
Wide range of employee benefits
8 month fixed-term contract available with the possibility of extension
The University of Adelaide is one of Australia's leading Group of Eight, research-intensive universities and is consistently ranked among the top 1% of universities in the world. Established in 1874, it is Australia's third oldest university with a strong reputation for preparing educated leaders and delivering research outcomes that contribute to local, national and global wellbeing.
University of Adelaide employees enjoy a range of benefits and favourable work conditions that include opportunities for career development and advancement.
The School of Biological Sciences in the Faculty of Sciences brings together the internationally acclaimed and contemporary disciplines of cellular & molecular biology; ecology and environmental sciences; and genetics & evolutionary biology delivering undergraduate and postgraduate education, training and research with both national relevance and global outreach and networks in the public and private sectors.
The RPAS Compliance Officer & Instructor is a member of the University’s Unmanned Research Aircraft Facility (URAF), which is a facility hosted by the School of Biological Sciences within the Faculty of Sciences, providing training services to the University community both within and outside the Faculty, as well as to external clients.
Under general direction, the RPAS Compliance Officer & Instructor provides support to the Senior RPAS Compliance Officer in all matters related to the safety of University RPAS operations, operators and assets. They are responsible for taking on the role of Chief Instructor and for all matters related to the training of Remote Pilots (RPs).
Salary: (HEO6, Step 4) $83,548 pa (pro rata at 0.5FTE $42,774 pa)
Superannuation: An employer contribution of 9.5% applies
Term of position: This fixed-term contract is available immediately until 31 December 2018, renewable for a second year depending on performance.
Knowledge and Experience
- Experience in establishing, implementing and maintaining safety and compliance requirements and procedures related to Australian Civil Aviation activities.
- Proven ability to plan, prioritise and organise work to achieve goals and meet deadlines, including dealing with competing demands.
- Demonstrated experience in conducting RPAS training courses.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, including the ability to build trust and to develop sound long-term relationships with key clients in a manner that ensures all essential compliance requirements are addressed in a manner that is sensitive to the desired research and training outcomes of the University.
- Experience in the use of relevant computer applications, including Microsoft Office.
- Experience in the use of specialised RPAS applications, including OzRunways, DJI Go, and asset management software.
- Sound knowledge of the University environment and organisational structures.
- A Remote Pilot Licence awarded by CASA.
- Other relevant Civil Aviation qualifications, and/or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training.
- Current Australian driver’s licence of the relevant class(es).
Please address and upload your responses to the selection criteria within the online application. If you have any technical queries regarding this position, please contact Dr Raja Segaran, firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Please feel free to simultaneously submit an application for the position of Maintenance Controller also at 0.5FTE HEO6.
Please note if the Position Description link is not appearing, you will need to view on another device.
Closing Date: 26 May 2018
The University of Adelaide is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people who meet the requirements of this position are strongly encouraged to apply
Download the Position Description