- Prestigious international university
- Wide range of employee benefits
- HEO8 ($95,493 - $107,179)
The University of Adelaide is one of Australia's leading Group of Eight, research-intensive universities and is consistently ranked among the top 1% of universities in the world. Established in 1874, it is Australia's third oldest university with a strong reputation for preparing educated leaders and delivering research outcomes that contribute to local, national and global wellbeing.
University of Adelaide employees enjoy a range of benefits and favourable work conditions that include opportunities for career development and advancement.
Building on its history of academic excellence, the University is preparing to deliver a reinvigorated education proposition that is second to none in Australia. To do this we require imaginative, dynamic and skilled people.
The Division of Academic and Student Engagement drives the achievement of the University's strategic goals in relation to learning and teaching. This includes ensuring that students have a quality experience and investing in the ongoing professional development of academic staff.
The Pro Vice-Chancellor (Student Learning) portfolio area provides direction and leadership to ensure the University maintains education excellence and delivers a high-quality learning experience for each student. There is particular focus on quality assurance in learning and teaching and providing academic support for staff and students.
The Manager, Learning Design works closely with Faculties on initiatives related to enhanced learning design at program and course level. The Manager will provide input into strategy and policy development, and regularly evaluate and report on progress against University objectives for teaching and learning. This role manages the Learning Design team, working on key projects in one or more Faculties across a range of face to face, blended, and online educational pedagogies and learning technologies.
As a specialist in learning design, the Manager, Learning Design provides advice and guidance to Faculties including draft reports on Learning Design matters to the Manager, Learning Enhancement.
Salary: HEO8 ($95,493 - $107,179) per annum.
Superannuation: An employer contribution of 17% may apply.
Term of position: This continuing position is available immediately.
To be successful you should have:
- Proven ability to lead and manage a team of Learning Designers, providing support and guidance
- Strong pedagogical understanding of educational principles as applied to a higher education learning environment
- Experience in developing and managing effective programs and frameworks that support quality enhancement, relevant to the University’s strategic teaching and learning priorities (e.g. assessment design, learning analytics, discovery/inquiry based learning, work integrated learning, learning space design, evaluating flexible educational strategies and technologies)
- Experience in managing multiple educational projects concurrently, demonstrating well developed organisational skills and a capacity to act independently within established guidelines
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and make informed decisions about improvement in the development of institutional capacity and individual capability for quality learning design in blended, face to face and fully online modes
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills with the demonstrated ability to build and maintain effective collaborative professional relationships with individuals at all levels (including academic staff) and in both formal and informal contexts, along with excellent report-writing and oral presentation skills
- Demonstrated understanding of, and commitment to the implementation of equity principles, workplace health and safety principles, and copyright.
- Detailed knowledge and experience with Canvas Learning Management System.
- Postgraduate qualifications or progress towards postgraduate qualifications and extensive relevant experience; or
- A degree in an area relevant to teaching and learning or online/ blended learning or equivalent and extensive relevant experience; or
- An equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training.
Please address and upload your responses to the selection criteria section of the position description within the online application. If you have any queries regarding this position, contact Eleanor De Guglielmo, Administration Officer, telephone: 08 8313 5383 or email: email@example.com
Please note if the position description link is not appearing, you will need to view on another device.
Closing date: 2nd May 2018, 5:00PM
The University of Adelaide is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people who meet the requirements of this position are strongly encouraged to apply.
Download the Position Description