- Prestigious international university
- Wide range of employee benefits
- Fixed term contract available until 30th April 2019
The University of Adelaide is one of Australia's leading Group of Eight, research-intensive universities and is consistently ranked among the top 1% of universities in the world. Established in 1874, it is Australia's third oldest university with a strong reputation for preparing educated leaders and delivering research outcomes that contribute to local, national and global wellbeing.
University of Adelaide employees enjoy a range of benefits and favourable work conditions that include opportunities for career development and advancement.
The Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences is one of five faculties at the University of Adelaide. Comprised of five schools and a number of disciplines, research centres and institutes, the faculty is focused on education excellence and innovative research in the health sciences.
The Student and Learning Services professional staff team is the largest in the faculty consisting of approximately 40 people. It is managed by the Manager Student and Learning Services and provides a full range of support to the faculty and academic staff including student and program support team, staff who support curriculum and accreditation requirements for five schools, timetabling and academic teaching planning and assessment support.
Working under general direction, the Learning, Quality and Innovation Executive Officer provides high level administration and coordination for all supporting Advisory Committees and Faculty Academic Governance Committees such the Faculty Learning, Quality and Innovation Committee. The position manages the provision of a governance committee executive support, information and advice to staff, drives projects and coordinates the implementation of ongoing business improvements that are aimed at improving academic administration services, systems and processes for undergraduate and postgraduate coursework programs.
The Learning, Quality and Innovation Executive Officer will also supervise assigned support staff, to ensure the provision of a high level professional service and will be responsible the development of an annual governance schedule which details key activities and provides ongoing reporting to ensure committee activities are met.
Salary: (HEO6) $77,316 - $83,548 per annum.
Superannuation: An employer contribution of 9.5% applies.
Term of position: This fixed-term contract is available immediately until 30th April 2019.
To be successful you should have:
- Demonstrated experience in leading student and program administration and customer service functions, preferably in a higher education environment, including developing and implementing quality improvement and best practice customer service culture
- Demonstrated experience communicating, both verbally and in writing, in a succinct, professional and responsive manner to deliver client centric results including liaising with stakeholders in a culturally diverse environment
- Ability to work well both independently and as a member of a team
- Demonstrated experience in managing multiple tasks with competing deadlines, developing and implementing processes and plans to achieve defined outcomes, and solving problems in an innovative and creative manner
- Experience in information management, including competency across the full Microsoft office suite of programs.
Please address and upload your responses to the 'Knowledge and Experience' section of the position description within the online application. If you have any queries regarding this position, please contact Ms Nimi Ashok, Quality and Evaluation Coordinator, telephone: 8313 3415 or email: email@example.com
Please note if the position description/selection criteria link is not appearing, you will need to view on another device.
Closing date: 26 April 2018
The University of Adelaide is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people who meet the requirements of this position are strongly encouraged to apply.
Download the Position Description