- Prestigious international university
- Wide range of employee benefits
- 2 year fixed term positions available
University of Adelaide Computer Vision research is amongst the best in the world. We rank 2nd in the world in the number of publications at the top conferences over the last decade (see http://csrankings.org). In 2017 we led a team including researchers from Microsoft and Stanford to win the VQA 2.0 Challenge, we were top of the Cityscapes leaderboard, and had the state of the art method in many of the core problems in Computer Vision.
The University of Adelaide Computer Vision research group was until recently called the Australian Centre for Visual Technologies (ACVT), but as a result of increased funding and opportunities we have now become the Australian Institute for Machine Learning (AIML). Based in Adelaide and the largest computer vision and machine learning group in Australia, we currently number over 70 members including academics, research staff and students. We work on a mixture of fundamental and commercially oriented research projects in computer vision and machine learning, and have a strong track record of publication in the top venues.
As part of the growth associated with forming the Australian Institute for Machine Learning we have vacancies for postgraduate researchers in the following areas;
• Visual Question Answering, and Vision-and-Language technology more broadly
• Memory-Augmented Networks
• Reinforcement Learning
• Generative Models / Explainability
• Deep Learning in general
Researchers will work with members of the AIML, including Prof. Anton van den Hengel, and Prof Chunhua Shen, and will join a large group of world-class researchers publishing in the best venues in the field.
Each successful applicant must have:
• a PhD in a relevant discipline (Computer Vision or Machine Learning)
• experience in C++, Python and/or Matlab
• a good publication record commensurate with experience
• fluency in written and spoken English
• the ability to work individually and as a member of a broader team
In addition to the above, to be considered at Level C you should also have:
- An established track record of publications in top-tier Computer Vision, Robotics, Machine Learning or Artificial Intelligence conferences and/or journals, commensurate with experience and opportunity.
- Experience of leading a small team.
- Demonstrable deep knowledge of computer vision and machine learning ideas and algorithms.
Salary: Lecturer, Level B (AU$96,135 – AU$113,788) or Senior Lecturer, Level C (AU$117,310 – AU$134,966)
Superannuation: An employer contribution of 17% may apply
Positions at both levels are available and the total salary package offered will depend on qualifications and experience. Some funding for relocation may be available. The AIML has a generous conference attendance funding scheme for papers accepted to the major conferences.
Term of position/s: These two year fixed-term contract positions are available immediately with the possibility of further extension subject to available funding and performance.
Please address and upload your responses to the selection criteria within the online application and include a full CV (including a publication list and statement of research expertise and interests) and the names of two referees (including your PhD thesis supervisor). If you have any queries regarding this position, please contact Ian Will, telephone: 8313 6176 or email: AIML@adelaide.edu.au
Please note if the selection criteria link is not appearing, you will need to view on another device.
Closing date: Thursday, 5th April 2018, 11.55pm
The University of Adelaide is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people who meet the requirements of this position are strongly encouraged to apply.
Download the Position Description