Job no: 498146
Work type: Fixed term - Full-time
Categories: Project Management and Project Support, HEO9
- Prestigious international university
- Wide range of employee benefits
- HEO9 contract role
The University of Adelaide is one of Australia's leading research-intensive universities and is consistently ranked among the top 1% of universities in the world. Established in 1874, it is Australia's third oldest university with a strong reputation for preparing educated leaders and delivering research outcomes that contribute to local, national and global wellbeing.
When you work for the University of Adelaide you can expect a range of benefits and work conditions, such as employee development and future career opportunities.
The Infrastructure branch is a part of the Division of University Operations, which supports the University in the achievement of its core objectives in learning, teaching and research by providing enabling services and effective resources. The branch manages the University's significant property portfolio (leased and owned) and built environment through planning, project management and maintenance services.
We are inviting experienced and highly-driven Project Managers with experience managing major and complex projects within the building and construction arena. This is an exciting time for the team supporting the delivery of a number of challenging projects. This role is responsible for project management, including elements of major projects into the University environment as well as minor works.
Salary: (HEO9) $109,077 to $116,862 as applicable to the role.
Superannuation: An employer contribution of up to 17% may apply.
Term of position: This fixed-term contract is available for up to 3 years.
To be considered, you should have:
- Demonstrated experience in project management and managing major and complex projects within the building and construction arena
- Extensive knowledge relating to the project management of major capital works projects
- Demonstrated commitment to a customer service culture
- Demonstrated ability to manage sensitive matters at a senior level
- Demonstrated ability to effectively negotiate matters relating to contract disputes with consultants and contractors
- Working knowledge of the legislation (including regulations and codes) relating to contracts management and capital works programs.
Please address and upload your responses to the 'Knowledge and Experience' section of the position description within the online application. If you have any queries regarding this position, please contact Samantha Narcis, Senior HR Officer, Divisions, email: email@example.com
Please note if the position description link is not appearing, you will need to view on another device.
Closing date: Wednesday 28 February 2018
The University of Adelaide is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people who meet the requirements of this position are strongly encouraged to apply.
Download the Position Description
Advertised: Cen. Australia Daylight Time
Applications close: Cen. Australia Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend