Manager, IT Governance
Job no: 498131
Work type: Continuing - Full-time
Categories: Information and Communications Technology, HEO10
- Prestigious international university
- Wide range of employee benefits
- Continuing role
The University of Adelaide is one of Australia's leading research-intensive universities and is consistently ranked among the top 1% of universities in the world. Established in 1874, it is Australia's third oldest university with a strong reputation for preparing educated leaders and delivering research outcomes that contribute to local, national and global wellbeing.
When you work for the University of Adelaide you can expect a range of benefits and work conditions, such as employee development and future career opportunities.
The Information Technology and Digital Services branch is part of the Division of University Operations, which provides technology capabilities to support the University's teaching and research objectives and business activities. The branch services the vast University community through four core services: IT Business Engagement, IT Programs and Digital Solutions Delivery, IT Operations and Digital Services, and IT Strategy Planning and Governance.
This is a new leadership role that will be responsible for providing assurance through a productive IT Governance and Quality Assurance Framework. The successful candidate will be a senior technology professional with proven success at developing IT Governance capability to effect strategic change and collaboration across the University’s technology landscape.
Salary: (HEO10) $120,720 -128,819 per annum.
Superannuation: An employer contribution of up to 17% may apply.
Term of position: This continuing position is available immediately.
To be successful you should have:
- Demonstrated experience of working at a senior management level in a large and complex organisational environment, including working with governance committees, Executive Directors/Deans, Executives and senior managers to effect strategic change and collaborative arrangement
- Proven experience to develop a productive IT Governance capability environment that encapsulates inclusion of key processes, managing people, and application of technological understanding in alignment with the corporate needs
- Demonstrated experience as a technology professional with a broad experience of project management approaches, methods, tools and processes
- Experience in process definition and control definitions based on industry best practices
- Possesses intermediate-level understanding of IT general controls (security, change management, disaster backup recovery, data center, etc.) and IT application control concepts (application processing controls, system reconciliations, interfaces, reports testing, workflows); proficient understanding of system development lifecycle methodology, operating system and database platforms
- Experience in a medium to large corporate organisation; financial services, insurance industry and / or management consulting experience.
Please address and upload your responses to the 'Knowledge and Experience' section of the position description within the online application. If you have any queries regarding this position, please contact email@example.com
Please note if the position description link is not appearing, you will need to view on another device.
Closing date: Wednesday 21 February 2018
The University of Adelaide is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people who meet the requirements of this position are strongly encouraged to apply.
Download the Position Description
Advertised: Cen. Australia Daylight Time
Applications close: Cen. Australia Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend