- Prestigious international university
- Wide range of employee benefits
- 18 month fixed-term research positions
The University of Adelaide is one of Australia's leading Group of Eight, research-intensive universities and is consistently ranked among the top 1% of universities in the world. Established in 1874, it is Australia's third oldest university with a strong reputation for preparing educated leaders and delivering research outcomes that contribute to local, national and global wellbeing.
University of Adelaide employees enjoy a range of benefits and favourable work conditions that include opportunities for career development and advancement.
The Faculty of Engineering, Computer and Mathematical Sciences is one of five faculties at the University of Adelaide. It is a centre for learning, teaching and research in a vast range of engineering disciplines, computer science and high level mathematics. Academic staff are world leaders in their fields of consulting, advanced fundamental and applied research. Graduates are highly regarded by employers. The faculty offers an intellectually exciting and innovative environment in which to work.
The School of Computer Science offers high quality accredited degrees in computer science, and software engineering, has strong links with industry and a robust research ethos.
This role will involve the following duties:
- Conduct research on the assigned project(s) with minimum supervision either as a member of a team or, where appropriate, independently, and the production or contribution to the production of conference and seminar papers and publications
- Building and evaluating appropriate prototypes/testbeds based on the outcomes of the research to be carried out
- Attendance at group and project meetings
- Advice within the field of research to post-graduate students in consultation with the senior researcher
Salary: (Level A, Step 6-8) $83,307 – $89,425 per annum.
Superannuation: An employer contribution of 9.5% applies .
Term of position: This fixed-term contract is available immediately for 18 months (With the potential for extension subject to funding).
To be successful you should have:
- PhD in Software Engineering, Systems Engineering or closely related area (completed)
- Demonstrated ability in conducting and publishing high quality research at major software/cloud/big data/security venues
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with big data storage and management technologies, Internet of Things (IoT), and Cloud technologies
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in one or more programming technologies for software design and implementation for building and evaluating prototypes and/or automation tools
- Demonstrated experience in supporting a research team by contributing to the mentoring of PhD and graduate/undergraduate students
- Ability to work effectively as part of a research team and discipline to carry out research independently.
Knowledge and/or willingness to gain knowledge and carry out research related to cyber security.
Track record and/or ability to contribute to research proposals for seeking external funding.
Please address and upload your responses to the selection criteria / 'Knowledge and Experience' section of the position description within the online application. If you have any queries regarding this position, please contact Professor M. Ali Babar, +618 8313 4478 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note if the position description/selection criteria link is not appearing, you will need to view on another device.
Closing date: Monday, 26 February, 2018.
The University of Adelaide is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people who meet the requirements of this position are strongly encouraged to apply
Download the Position Description