- Prestigious international university
- Wide range of employee benefits
- 12 month opportunity available immediately
The University of Adelaide is one of Australia's leading Group of Eight, research-intensive universities and is consistently ranked among the top 1% of universities in the world. Established in 1874, it is Australia's third oldest university with a strong reputation for preparing educated leaders and delivering research outcomes that contribute to local, national and global wellbeing.
University of Adelaide employees enjoy a range of benefits and favourable work conditions that include opportunities for career development and advancement.
Building on its history of academic excellence, the University is preparing to deliver a reinvigorated education proposition that is second to none in Australia. To do this we require imaginative, dynamic and skilled people.
The Division of Academic and Student Engagement drives the achievement of the University's strategic goals in relation to learning and teaching. This includes ensuring that students have a quality experience and investing in the ongoing professional development of academic staff.
The Division is comprised of five key portfolio areas led by: the Pro Vice-Chancellor (Student Learning); Pro Vice-Chancellor (International); Dean, Indigenous Research and Education Strategy; University Librarian and the Executive Director, Division of Academic and Student Engagement.
The Pro Vice-Chancellor (Student Learning) portfolio area provides direction and leadership to ensure the University maintains education excellence and delivers a high-quality learning experience for each student. There is particular focus on quality assurance in learning and teaching and providing academic support for staff and students.
Working under broad direction from the PVC(SL), the Manager, Student Engagement and Success is responsible for the development, coordination and leadership of services, initiatives and activities supporting student engagement, partnership, retention and success throughout the student lifecycle. This includes management of a range of academic success services for students (Maths Learning Centre, Writing Centre, Peer Assisted Study Sessions), management of the Succeed@Adelaide initiative, interpretation and communication of data and evidence on student engagement and retention, for the planning and evaluation of initiatives, and management of a range of student partnership initiatives.
Salary: (HEO8) $93,493 to $105,179 per annum.
Superannuation: An employer contribution of 9.5% applies.
Term of position: This fixed-term contract is available immediately for 12 months.
To be successful you should have:
Knowledge and Experience:
- Demonstrated knowledge of, and insight into, issues and practices of student engagement and retention in higher education, and the relevant scholarly international evidence base, including good practice in working with students as partners
- Demonstrated experience and expertise in interpretation and use of quantitative and qualitative data, including communication and reporting of evidence-based insights
- Demonstrated experience and expertise in effectively and strategically developing, leading and managing multiple activities in a complex environment with competing deadlines and multiple stakeholders
- Demonstrated experience in effective team management
- Demonstrated experience and expertise in communicating, both verbally and in writing, in a succinct, professional and responsive manner
- Demonstrated experience and expertise resolving high level problems, including the ability to be innovative and creative in generating solutions to complex issues
- The ability to provide professional executive and administrative support to committees and projects in a University setting
- Relevant postgraduate qualifications or progress towards relevant postgraduate qualifications and extensive relevant experience; or
- Extensive relevant experience and management expertise; or
- An equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training
Please address and upload your responses to the selection criteria section of the position description within the online application. If you have any queries regarding this position, contact Van Tran-Williams, Executive Support Coordinator, email@example.com
Please note if the position description/selection criteria link is not appearing, you will need to view on another device.
Closing date: Friday, 23 February 2018
The University of Adelaide is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people who meet the requirements of this position are strongly encouraged to apply.
Download the Position Description