Learning Support Officer
Job no: 497994
Work type: Fixed term - Full-time
Categories: Administration, Student Services and Learning support
- Prestigious international university
- Wide range of employee benefits
- 6 month fixed-term contract available immediately
The University of Adelaide is one of Australia's leading Group of Eight, research-intensive universities and is consistently ranked among the top 1% of universities in the world. Established in 1874, it is Australia's third oldest university with a strong reputation for preparing educated leaders and delivering research outcomes that contribute to local, national and global wellbeing.
University of Adelaide employees enjoy a range of benefits and favourable work conditions that include opportunities for career development and advancement.
The Faculty of Engineering, Computer and Mathematical Sciences is one of five faculties at the University of Adelaide. It is a centre for learning, teaching and research in a vast range of engineering disciplines, computer science and high level mathematics. Academic staff are world leaders in their fields of consulting, advanced fundamental and applied research. Graduates are highly regarded by employers. The faculty offers an intellectually exciting and innovative environment in which to work, within seven schools.
The Student and Learning Services team is entrusted to work in partnership with our students to enable an excellent academic experience, providing support to innovative learning and teaching practices, to thereby produce world-class graduates who will be the industry thought leaders of tomorrow.
We are seeking a Learning Support Officer to work under general direction and in collaboration with the Senior Learning Support Officer within the Student and Learning Services team. This role will provide support that will enable the success of the Faculty and School learning and teaching activities. The position is responsible for processing a range of assessment based information and admission requirements, and providing learning and teaching administrative support.
Salary: (HEO4) $59, 735- $65,704 per annum.
Superannuation: An employer contribution of 17% may apply.
Term of position: This 6 month fixed-term contract is available immediately.
To be successful you should have:
- Experience in contributing to the delivery of a range of student and learning related support and administrative functions, including prioritising and organising the delivery of challenging workloads and timelines
- Good organisational and time management and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a team environment to achieve required outcomes
- Knowledge of and experience with PeopleSoft and standard business software packages, such as Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of the University sector and the structure and operation of learning and teaching requirements is desirable.
- Completion of a diploma level qualification with relevant work related experience, or
- Completion of a Certificate IV with relevant work experience , or
- An equivalent combination of relevant experience and /or education/training
Please address and upload your responses to the selection criteria of the position description within the online application. If you have any queries regarding this position, please contact Michelle Stengert, Learning Support Team Leader, telephone: 8313 6149 or email: email@example.com
Please note if the position description/selection criteria link is not appearing, you will need to view on another device.
Closing date: Sunday 21 January 2018
The University of Adelaide is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people who meet the requirements of this position are strongly encouraged to apply.
Download the Position Description
Advertised: Cen. Australia Daylight Time
Applications close: Cen. Australia Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend