Events Assistant & Administrative Officer
Job no: 497970
Work type: Continuing - Full-time
Categories: Administration, HEO4
- Prestigious international university
- Wide range of employee benefits
- Continuing position
The University of Adelaide is one of Australia's leading Group of Eight, research-intensive universities and is consistently ranked among the top 1% of universities in the world. Established in 1874, it is Australia's third oldest university with a strong reputation for preparing educated leaders and delivering research outcomes that contribute to local, national and global wellbeing.
University of Adelaide employees enjoy a range of benefits and favourable work conditions that include opportunities for career development and advancement.
The Faculty of the Professions is one of five faculties at the University of Adelaide. It is comprised of the prestigious Adelaide Law School, the School of Architecture and Built Environment, the Adelaide Business School, the School of Economics, the Entrepreneurship, Commercialisation and Innovation Centre, Institute for International Trade and the Centre for Global Food and Resources. The faculty offers a range of undergraduate and postgraduate degrees and has strong connections with business and industry. It offers a contemporary, intellectually stimulating and rewarding working environment.
The Adelaide Law School is one of four schools in the Faculty of the Professions. It is the second oldest law school in Australia with a strong history of academic achievement. The school offers undergraduate and postgraduate degrees and continuing professional development programs for legal practitioners. It is home to a vibrant community of scholars and teachers who are committed to furthering an understanding of the principles and operation of the law.
Working under general direction, the Events Assistant & Administrative Officer is responsible for providing administrative support for the teaching and learning activities and events of the School.
Salary: (HEO4) $59,735 – $65,704 per annum.
Superannuation: An employer contribution of 17% may apply.
Term of position: This continuing position is available immediately.
To be successful you should have:
- Demonstrated high level organisational and administrative skills including the ability to work effectively under pressure with competing priorities and deadlines.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated high level verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated financial administration experience.
- Demonstrated high level skills in the use of computers and computer software, including standard MS Office applications.
- Demonstrated ability to work and contribute in a team environment.
- Demonstrated event organisation experience, which includes an understanding of University of Adelaide business rules, procedures and policies relating to events.
- Proficient user of the University’s systems, including student, financial, HR and travel (desirable).
Please address and upload your responses to the 'Knowledge and Experience' section of the position description within the online application. If you have any queries regarding this position, please contact Corinne Walding, School Manager or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 11.55pm, 17 January 2018
The University of Adelaide is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people who meet the requirements of this position are strongly encouraged to apply.
Download the Position Description
Advertised: Cen. Australia Daylight Time
Applications close: Cen. Australia Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend