- Prestigious international university
- Specialist policy role
- Wide range of employee benefits
The University of Adelaide is one of Australia's leading research-intensive universities and is consistently ranked among the top 1% of universities in the world. Established in 1874, it is Australia's third oldest university with a strong reputation for preparing educated leaders and delivering research outcomes that contribute to local, national and global wellbeing.
University of Adelaide employees enjoy a range of benefits and favourable work conditions that include opportunities for career development and advancement.
The Division of University Operations supports the University in the achievement of its core objectives in learning, teaching and research by providing enabling services and effective resources. The division's priorities have evolved from the University's 10 year strategic plan, the Beacon of Enlightenment, with key projects centred around people, community, assets and infrastructure and processes.
Human Resources partners with the University to enable and support a culture of high engagement, commitment and performance. The branch provides recruitment, superannuation and promotions support and advice to the University community and manages payroll, staff records, and workforce planning. Human Resources also encompasses the Health, Safety and Wellbeing unit, with responsibility for occupational health and safety programs and training.
We are looking for an HR Policy Specialist who will be responsible for providing advice on the application of the HR Policy Framework and coordinating and undertaking policy development and review. This role supports subject matter experts, consults with stakeholders and drafts or assists drafting of relevant and easy-to-use employment policies, procedures and associated information. The role also supports the development of a broad base of expertise within the HR function with respect to HR policies and procedures.
Salary: (HEO7) $83,105 - $93,231 per annum.
Superannuation: An employer contribution of 17% may apply.
Term of position: This continuing position is available immediately.
To be successful in this role, you must have:
- Demonstrated experience in undertaking research and drafting policies, procedures and associated information, relating to human resources / employment
- Demonstrated ability to lead stakeholder engagement and collaboration in policy development with people at all levels in a large organisation
- Demonstrated experience in investigating and critically assessing implications of policy options
- Demonstrated ability to translate complex concepts into clear, concise and user-friendly policy, procedure and guideline documents
- Demonstrated knowledge and extensive experience in contemporary HR practices
- Demonstrated ability to provide timely expert HR policy advice including interpretation of enterprise agreements and policies
- Demonstrated ability to deal with confidential and sensitive matters of a complex nature
- Proven ability to work effectively in a dynamic team environment
Please address and upload your responses to the selection criteria - 'Knowledge and Experience' section of the position description within the online application. If you have any queries regarding this position, please contact Samantha Jones, Manager, Workplace Relations, telephone: (08) 8313 9285 or email: email@example.com
Please note if the position description/selection criteria link is not appearing, you will need to view on another device.
Closing date: 19 January 2018
The University of Adelaide is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people who meet the requirements of this position are strongly encouraged to apply.
Download the Position Description