- Prestigious international university
- Wide range of employee benefits
- Fixed term contract available until 11 January 2019
The University of Adelaide is one of Australia's leading Group of Eight, research-intensive universities and is consistently ranked among the top 1% of universities in the world. Established in 1874, it is Australia's third oldest university with a strong reputation for preparing educated leaders and delivering research outcomes that contribute to local, national and global wellbeing. University of Adelaide employees enjoy a range of benefits and favourable work conditions that include opportunities for career development and advancement.
The Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences is one of five faculties at the University of Adelaide. Comprised of five schools and a number of disciplines, research centres and institutes, the faculty is focused on education excellence and innovative research in the health sciences. Programs taught out of the faculty train medical practitioners: surgeons, dentists, nurses and psychologists and other health professionals. The faculty boasts one of the largest concentrations of leading researchers, academic teachers and clinical titleholders working across the areas of health.
The key activities to be conducted in the Research Development team include research strategy development, research performance monitoring, partnership management, research support, publications support, research administration, fundraising, seminar and event management, pre and post award advice and support, and research operational support.
Working under general direction, the Research Administrative Support Officer provides high quality administrative, research and project support services to the Office of Research Development and Research Education. The position provides a range of support including coordinating and undertaking Health Sciences Research Committee and research stream committees support requirements, coordinating workshops, undertaking research reporting and data collection with a high degree of accuracy and integrity, and providing support and services to visiting students and academics.
Salary: HEO5 $67,262 - $75,057 per annum.
Superannuation: An employer contribution of 9.5% applies.
Term of position: This fixed-term contract is available immediately until 11th January 2019.
To be successful you should have:
- Knowledge of the University sector, funding of research and of related structures and processes in a research-oriented field.
- Demonstrative experience in the provision of administrative, research and project support services including a high level of competence in the coordination of committees and workshops.
- Demonstrated experience identifying and analysing information and issues to support the development of practical solutions and recommendations for effective client outcomes and the implementation of research projects and programs.
- Demonstrated experience communicating, both verbally and in writing, in a succinct, professional and responsive manner to deliver client centric results.
- Completion of a relevant degree without subsequent relevant work experience; or
- An equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education training.
Please address and upload your responses to the 'Knowledge and Experience' section of the position description within the online application. If you have any queries regarding this position, please contact Ms Patricia Grant, Manager Research Training & Support, telephone: 8313 5195 or email: email@example.com.
Please note if the position description/selection criteria link is not appearing, you will need to view on another device.
Closing date: 11:55pm 21st January 2018.
The University of Adelaide is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people who meet the requirements of this position are strongly encouraged to apply.
Download the Position Description