Casual Academic Opportunities within the School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering (ECMS)
Job no: 497936
Work type: Casual
Categories: Faculty of Engineering, Computer & Mathematical Sciences
The Faculty of Engineering, Computer and Mathematical Sciences is one of five faculties at the University of Adelaide. It is a centre for learning, teaching and research in a vast range of engineering disciplines, computer science and high level mathematics.
The School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering has an outstanding reputation for teaching and research excellence in areas of electrical and electronic engineering, computer engineering, communication systems, biomedical engineering, autonomous systems, and renewable energy. With innovative culture, state of the art facilities and strong links with industry, our academic and research staff are world leaders in their field leading to graduates that are in high demand.
We are seeking dedicated and passionate casual staff to assist with the delivery of our Semester 1 undergraduate and postgraduate courses, commencing 26 February 2018.
- View the current casual employment opportunities and courses available to determine what work offerings are being made available for individual courses (i.e. demonstrating, marking, lecturing)
- Ensure you meet the essential criteria below:
- Possess an eligible Australian work visa
- Completed degree in electrical and electronic engineering or closely related discipline
- Good technical knowledge of the key teaching components of the courses you are applying for
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to clearly explain technical information to students
- Available and flexible to meet the minimum hourly/sessional requirements for the course
- Demonstrated ability to educate and mentor students
- Able to work collegially to support excellent tutoring or demonstrating in the School
- Have integrity and good character
- Demonstrated excellence in teaching
- Evidence of good student feedback in student evaluations
- Evidence of good feedback from course coordinators
- Able to adapt to blended learning environments with proficiency in current learning tools
- Commitment to perform the role for a minimum of 1 semester
- To apply for the above opportunities, please click on the 'Apply' button below, provide the required information and attach your resume/CV
Term of position: 26 February 2018 - 31 July 2018
If you require further information please email Hong Gunn Chew email@example.com
Closing date: This position has already closed. Applications will be accepted with School permission.
The University of Adelaide is an Equal Opportunity employer. Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people who meet the requirements are strongly encouraged to apply.
Advertised: Cen. Australia Daylight Time
Applications close: Cen. Australia Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend