- Prestigious international university
- Wide range of employee benefits
- Fixed Term position available until 31 December 2018
The University of Adelaide is one of Australia's leading Group of Eight, research-intensive universities and is consistently ranked among the top 1% of universities in the world. Established in 1874, it is Australia's third oldest university with a strong reputation for preparing educated leaders and delivering research outcomes that contribute to local, national and global wellbeing.
University of Adelaide employees enjoy a range of benefits and favourable work conditions that include opportunities for career development and advancement.
The Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences is one of five faculties at the University of Adelaide. Comprised of five schools and a number of disciplines, research centres and institutes, the faculty is focused on education excellence and innovative research in the health sciences.
Programs taught out of the faculty train medical practitioners: surgeons, dentists, nurses and psychologists and other health professionals. The faculty boasts one of the largest concentrations of leading researchers, academic teachers and clinical titleholders working across the areas of health.
The Adelaide Medical School encompasses the disciplines of Acute Care Medicine, Adelaide Rural Clinical School, Anatomy and Pathology, General Practice, Medicine, Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, Orthopaedics and Trauma, Paediatrics, Pharmacology, Physiology, Psychiatry and Surgery. It is one of five schools in the Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences and is made up of academics, researchers and clinical titleholders.
Funded from the Commonwealth Department of Health through the Rural Clinical Training and Support (RCTS) Program, the Adelaide Rural Clinical School offers and supports a variety of clinical health education programs, and promotes rural health as a career providing high quality, hands-on medical experiences in a dynamic rural setting.
Working under general direction and located in Whyalla or Pt Augusta, the IT and eLearning Support Officer is responsible for supporting information technology services and providing support to the teaching, e-learning and research activities of the Adelaide Rural Clinical School (ARCS). The IT and eLearning Support Officer will also support the development, implementation and administration for online teaching, learning and assessment systems and applications.
Salary: (HEO4) $59,735 - $65,704 per annum
Superannuation: An employer contribution of 9.5% applies
Term of position: This fixed-term contract is available immediately until 31 December 2018
To be successful you should have:
- Sound experience in eLearning, preferably in a higher education environment, including providing and ensuring the delivery of IT information, advice and support for the utilisation of learning management systems
- Experience communicating, both verbally and in writing, in a succinct, professional and responsive manner to deliver client centric results
- Proven experience in coordinating and taking responsibility for the efficient delivery of a range of student related support and administrative functions, including prioritising and organising the delivery of challenging workloads and timelines
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team
- Demonstrated experience in utilising the full suite of Microsoft applications and student records management systems
- Knowledge of issues relating to student education and clinical placement in rural areas (Desirable)
Please address and upload your responses to the 'Knowledge and Experience' section of the position description within the online application. If you have any queries regarding this position, please contact Mrs Dee Risley, Operations Manager, ARCS, telephone: 0428 828 031 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note if the position description/selection criteria link is not appearing, you will need to view on another device.
Closing date: 28th January 2018
The University of Adelaide is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people who meet the requirements of this position are strongly encouraged to apply.
Download the Position Description