Health, Safety and Wellbeing Coordinator
Job no: 497842
Work type: Continuing - Part-time
Categories: Human Resources, HEO6
- Health, Safety & Wellbeing
- Wide range of employee benefits
- Continuing part-time position (0.6 FTE)
The Faculty of Arts is one of five faculties at the University of Adelaide. The Faculty is steeped in history with its roots beginning over 125 years ago. Its arts degree was the first degree offered at the University in 1876.
Today the Faculty is a place of innovative practice and thought leadership. With outstanding teachers who have won national learning and teaching awards, many graduates have gone on to become leading politicians, policy makers, historians, curators, musicians and writers. The Faculty offers an interesting workplace of diverse disciplines clustered around the arts, humanities and social sciences, and serves the needs of approximately 5000 enrolled students.
Working under general direction the HSW Coordinator provides HSW support, guidance and advice to management and staff as required. The position is responsible for the planning, implementation and documentation of Faculty and Schools’ HSW activities to ensure compliance with University and legislative requirements. The HSW Coordinator also contributes to the development, implementation, coordination and continuous improvement of relevant HSW processes and documentation across the Faculty. A key role of the HSW Coordinator is to provide administrative support to the Faculty HSW Committee, ensuring the appropriate flow of information/reports between the Faculty, University and Schools.
Salary: (HEO6) $75,316 - $81,548 per annum (FTE)
Superannuation: An employer contribution of 17% may apply
Term of position: This continuing part-time position is available from 29 January 2018. Commencement date is negotiable.
To be successful you should have:
- Demonstrated experience in managing HSW risk across a large and complex area.
- Demonstrated ability to draft and prepare HSW-related material and documentation.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, prioritise and organise work to achieve goals and meet deadlines.
- High level communication and interpersonal skills, with demonstrated ability to interact with a broad range of people.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to deal with confidential and sensitive matters.
- Demonstrated experience in applying HSW methods and systems in a University environment.
Please address and upload your responses to the selection criteria / 'Knowledge and Experience' section of the position description within the online application. If you have any queries regarding this position, please contact Kath McCulloch, Executive Support Officer, via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note if the position description/selection criteria link is not appearing, you will need to view on another device.
Closing date: 9am, Monday 29 January 2018
The University of Adelaide is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people who meet the requirements of this position are strongly encouraged to apply.
Download the Position Description
Advertised: Cen. Australia Daylight Time
Applications close: Cen. Australia Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend