Project Officer (International Program Support)
Job no: 497750
Work type: Fixed term - Full-time
Categories: Administration, Project Management and Project Support, Marketing, HEO4
- Prestigious international university
- Wide range of employee benefits
- Salary: (HEO4 Step 1) $ 59,735 per annum
The University of Adelaide is one of Australia's leading Group of Eight, research-intensive universities and is consistently ranked among the top 1% of universities in the world. Established in 1874, it is Australia's third oldest university with a strong reputation for preparing educated leaders and delivering research outcomes that contribute to local, national and global wellbeing.
University of Adelaide employees enjoy a range of benefits and favourable work conditions that include opportunities for career development and advancement.
Building on its history of academic excellence, the University is preparing to deliver a reinvigorated education proposition that is second to none in Australia. To do this we require imaginative, dynamic and skilled people.
The Office of the Deputy Vice-Chancellor and Vice-President (Academic) drives the achievement of the University's strategic goals in relation to learning and teaching. This includes ensuring that students have a quality experience and investing in the ongoing professional development of academic staff.
The division is comprised of four key portfolio areas led by: the Pro Vice-Chancellor (Student Learning); Pro Vice-Chancellor (International); Dean, Indigenous Education; and the Executive Director, Division Academic and Student Engagement.
The Careers Service assists students to learn the necessary skills to manage their career throughout life. It enables students to articulate their professional skills, values and graduate attributes while empowering them to compete globally in the labour market.
We are seeking an experienced professional to join the team as the Project Officer (International Program Support) and work closely within the Central Careers Service International Team on supporting the expansion of the current International Career Experience portfolio with process improvement, detailing and talent mapping process as well as logistics.
Salary: (HEO4 step 1) $ 59,735 per annum plus superannuation.
Superannuation: An employer contribution of 9.5% applies
Term of position: This fixed-term contract is available in January 2018 until 31 December 2018
- Ability to speak Chinese Mandarin (fluently) is desirable
- Graphic Design (PHOTOSHOP, InDesign etc.) and HTML (Dreamweaver) are highly valued
- Demonstrated understanding of current labour market conditions, graduate recruitment practices and opportunities available to students and graduates both in China and Australia
- Previous experience in managing and populating Chinese Social Media tools such as Weibo/WeChat
To be successful you should have:
- Demonstrated experience in event management including venue booking, registration handling and logistics preparation
- Demonstrated skills in supporting team members and coordinating and assisting on projects/programs from development to expansion
- Well- developed interpersonal skills, both written and oral and the ability to communicate with a wide range of stakeholders from various cultural groups
- Demonstrated ability of multitasking and working with competing deadlines with sound judgement and ability to prioritise work tasks
- Evidence of proficient computer literacy and the willingness to learn unfamiliar applications
- Demonstrated attention to detail and experience in data collection, analysis and reporting.
Please address and upload your responses to the selection criteria / 'Knowledge and Experience' section of the position description within the online application. If you have any queries regarding this position, contact Tony Zheng, Manager, International Development and Partnerships, Division of Academic and Student Engagement (DASE), telephone: 8313 2955 or email: email@example.com
Closing date: 20 January 2018
The University of Adelaide is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people who meet the requirements of this position are strongly encouraged to apply.
Download the Position Description
Advertised: Cen. Australia Daylight Time
Applications close: Cen. Australia Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend